View Single Post
Old 17 August 2017, 01:34   #35
idrougge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
It's not like refusing to use a hard drive, a hard drive is infinitely more convenient than a floppy drive, but the additions to 3.9 from 3.1 are in my opinion not of that much an advantage to me. Unless you really use your Amiga as your everyday computing platform, in which case, well, I question why you would use AmigaOS going bak to your hard drive and floppy drive comparison: why use an Amiga with 3.9 when you can use a PC or Mac with the latest OS and much more processing power and do everything better?
Why use an Amiga with 3.1 when you can use a PC or Mac with the latest OS and much more processing power and do everything better?

Why use an Amiga with 2.0 when you can use a PC or Mac with the latest OS and much more processing power and do everything better?

Why use an Amiga with 1.3 when you can use a PC or Mac with the latest OS and much more processing power and do everything better?

Yeah, let's stick to AmigaDOS 1.2, that's the real classic OS without all that bloat.

The thing is, if you really use your Amiga, and I don't mean in the sense of using it for web browsing or hard disc recording, 3.9 improves on 3.1 in a lot of small ways. It was made by the people who really loved AmigaOS, with lots of bloatware to keep up with Windows 98. But throwing the bloatware out is easy, because at its core, it is still AmigaOS, which is a modular, customisable system.

Page generated in 0.05189 seconds with 11 queries