View Single Post
Old 16 August 2017, 13:37   #25
Daedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
I will never use MUI, ever again. I had it for a while. It made everything sluggish and damn ugly.
MUI doesn't slow anything down except MUI. It may be bloated (in Amiga terms) and has some quirks, but it only gets used for MUI applications. If you have it installed, it does precisely nothing until you run a MUI application, and then it still only affects that application.

Quote:
There's ClassAct and other options. And it doesn't matter if what I use is old, if it works fine for me. I don't use my Amiga for everyday. modern shit that my PC is for.
Well, fair enough I guess. To me that seems the same principle as people refusing to use a hard drive because using floppies is the way the game should be played. I think you're missing out on some excellent software, but if you're fine without it then all is good.

Quote:
God bless them. The problem is giving money to Cloanto, which I refuse to do. So I guess I am stuck with what I have.
OS 3.5 and 3.9 are nothing to do with Cloanto - they were both developed separately by Haage & Partner. Cloanto (and Hyperion) both have licences up to and including 3.1, and that's it. Which is why Cloanto released their hodge-podge 3.X release instead of pushing 3.9, which already included many of the fixes and improvements they were looking for.

If you do find 3.9 for sale somewhere, it's either NOS or reproduced (presumably under a separate licence). In either case, it's probably only the reseller who gets any of your money since H&P have long since exited the scene.

Page generated in 0.04408 seconds with 11 queries