View Single Post
Old 24 March 2017, 11:16   #39
MickGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakirob View Post
It should be noted that saving the "system-configuration" file using 1.3 preferences may be tricky to do after you've set your palette to match the name of New Zealand's national rugby team (The "All Blacks")

Be sure to take note of the on-screen location of the save button, I have used my index finger to point to the spot so I can easily locate this. But a removable sticker may work too, albeit with the undesirable effect of leaving some of its adhesive residue on your screen.

You may like to leave a single white pixel as your pointer graphics to make it easier to save the preferences, as far as I recall the 1.3 preferences program does not feature hotkeys for things like saving your settings.

But I think that the best option is to add the argument >NIL: to your startup-sequence on the line where you call your program. This should work.
Thanks for the help!

The problem with the AmigaDOS screen showing up on the CD32 seems to be when I show a CDXL with the cdgsxl command, after that the AmigaDOS screen is shown, I have no idea why. I have tried replicating a similar startup-sequence where this does not happen but to no luck. When I comment out the cdxl it boots into the bb2 app without showing anything so that's good, I just have to figure out the cdxl problem. Seems kickstart 3.1 shows a black screen until something is output to the CLI so using >NIL: with commands works here.

When it comes to booting from floppy, I tried putting >NIL: for every command in the startup-sequence like this:

Code:
SetPatch >NIL: quiet
Assign >NIL: ENV: RAM:
JoyTester >NIL:
But that did not work, the AmigaDOS screen is still showing. Nothing is output to it though.

Doing the all colours black thing works, the sticker trick helped when doing this. I made the mouse pointer one pixel darkest of blues, impossible to see if location is unknown. I copied the system-configuration file from the WB floppy to the devs folder of my bootable floppy.

I'm attaching the system-configuration file here if somebody else needs it. It's created using WB1.3.

EDIT1: Well duuuh, the all black system-configuration works for the CD32 CD also of course, I just created a devs folder for the CD and copied the system-configuration file there. It actually looks like the CD I was comparing with used the same trick. All good, thanks again for the help!

EDIT2: Laying the final piece of the black puzzle I figured out that it's better to create a Bitmap before creating a Slice. In some examples I have made, a Slice is created before creating a Bitmap and this causes a flash of random gibberish on the screen at start.
Attached Files
File Type: zip system-configuration.zip (257 Bytes, 206 views)

Last edited by MickGyver; 24 March 2017 at 12:31.

Page generated in 0.07431 seconds with 12 queries