View Single Post
Old 19 November 2016, 11:38   #24
alexsperi

I'm pretty excited to write that, but yes, it can works! [cit.]
In the past days we kept a low profile in order to gather all the informations that we need to start the translation and get the whole thing done. We want to do it in the best way we can, so doing it "the google translate way" is not an option. We searched for someone that can do it in a professional way without busting our bank and with some technical background in order to minimize review time and obviously translation mistakes. This of course has a price that we cannot afford by ourselves: in the end the book is more than 400 pages long.

The solution of the problem is for us starting a Kickstarter campaign if the number of interested people is able to support the translation expense. These are our planned pledge list starting for the cheaper to the most expensive (they can change before the campaign start of course):
  1. simple english pdf of the course
  2. printed book (paperback format, color cover as for the italian version):
    • adf with sources of a demo presentation of the book
    • pdf of the book
    • your name printed on the list of backers on the book
  3. printed book plenty of gadgets :P
    • 1 physical floppy of the demo
    • 11 physical floppies of course examples
    • all of the previous points
  4. printed book with gadgets + Motorola Instruction set booklet (this is the most interesting one in my opinion)
  5. signed and numbered printed book + previous points (this is the top pledge with unlimited amount of copies)

Now the limited ones:
  1. signed and numbered book with a floppy filled with source code of one of RamJam's demo
  2. all of the previous + a dinner with me and Stefania (offered by us)
  3. all of the previous + an Amiga 1200 signed by the authors and Petro Tyschtschenko

I think that the peldge list is pretty gorgeous :P

Of course without people supporting, the campaign will miserably fail In the next days we would like to know what do you think of this initiative, and if you can be interested in supporting us. The more people will support it the cheaper the book will be!

So please give us feedbacks on what I wrote and spread the word as much as you can!

Page generated in 0.05478 seconds with 10 queries