View Single Post
Old 13 November 2016, 16:59   #14
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by supaduper View Post
You could try increasing the power to the lens as shown in 19.20 of the Video , turn it clockwise no more than 5 mins if looking at it like a clock, see if reads the cd then.
I have done this a couple of times but no more than 5 mins otherwise the life of the diode will be shortened

mark it before you touch it so you can go back to its original position

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=82828
You should never do this with a brand new laser. If you have to do this, then some thing is wrong either with laser or laser mech electronics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorfarius View Post
Sadly I seem to have run into a problem. Followed the guide through but all that happens after putting it back together is the CD spins, sounds like it should but it just keeps trying over and over to read it. Just see the CD32 boot screen, no matter how long I leave it just keeps trying to read any CD I put in. If I reboot the console it stays on a black screen and seems to spin the disc without ever loading tried it on an original game and a copied CDR which I know worked before.

It sounds like it can spin at different speeds and the orange light is on the console as normal.
What were your original symptoms, as you could have a dodgy laser. Even new, you can get the odd one that is duff.
If you hold door open and push something into the door close switch, does laser actuate and shine laser (DO NOT look directly at laser)?

Page generated in 0.04286 seconds with 11 queries