View Single Post
Old 10 November 2016, 14:40   #11
cyberhead97

I now have prepared BetterWB and HstWB as packages. The installer has also been updated to handle installing packages, which can be added and removed using setup script or manual editing of settings.ini file. Current version of the installer supporting this is committed to github for anyone to test. Also, note the number of steps has been drastically reduced from 27 to 9 using the installer to create a new HDF image for user with Cloanto Amiga Forever installed.

These packages and the process being developed is required for me to build the preinstalled HDF handling auto installation of it-self.

Installing Workbench and Kickstart rom into the preinstalled HDF will require the following manual steps without using of the installer:
1. Make a copy of Workbench 3.1 Workbench disk and patch offset 12 to 00 using a hex editor.
2. Launch WinUAE and add a directory containing Workbench adf and a directory containing Kickstart roms.
3. Mount patched Workbench 3.1 Workbench disk in DF0:.
4. Start WinUAE and wait for installation to complete.
5. Unmount DF0 and remove Workbench and Kickstart directories.
6. Reset to try image.

I’m still actively developing and using the installer to test my package development and it speeds up the process of trying different approaches and ensuring the setup works from a blank or existing image.

My current status is building AGS2/iGame games and demos menu packages with screenshots and details for every game that currently exists in EAB WHDLoad Packs and updates 2.6. This comes in 2 variants to support AGA and OCS only users to cover A500, A2000, A600, A1200 and more. After these menu packages are build, the installer will have these packages and can create an HDF image tailed for your needs.

The preinstalled HDF images will afterwards be build in 2 variants for AGA and OCS only users.

Last edited by cyberhead97; 10 November 2016 at 23:04. Reason: Spelling error

Page generated in 0.05308 seconds with 12 queries