View Single Post
Old 28 August 2016, 16:26   #269
matthey
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by grelbfarlk View Post
Matthey has posted in other threads that 15-bit and 16-bit color modes are screwed up on the Voodoo 4. Something about how they only work in LE modes and not BE modes at all?
Voodoo 4 BE (Big Endian) modes consistently work (no crashes) but with messed up colors. This bug has existed for many years.

Quote:
From my testing the Voodoo 4 works with Warp3D just fine, I ran Quake 2 for over an hour without any crash but trying to use any 2D apps with 16 or 15 bit modes only seems to work in LE mode, and thus if the app wants BE mode the colors are all screwed up.
The Voodoo 4 bug with Warp3D is a separate bug which may or may not show incorrectly rendered 3D triangles before freezing/crashing. This is a newer bug which does *not* affect 2D. Reverting to the old pci.library solves this problem for me. It is probably an init problem with how the board/registers are mapped so may only affect certain configurations. This is *not* a bug in W3D.

Quote:
Darren or Matthey, I thought both of you have Voodoo 4 cards. Can one of you test Amigenerator or WarpSNES with 16-bit modes?
I doubt anything can be easily done with either bug without Elbox help. Are you helping to program Amigenerator and/or WarpSNES?

Page generated in 0.07329 seconds with 10 queries