View Single Post
Old 29 May 2016, 08:23   #9
eXeler0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandro View Post
lot of cooling?

the 060 or the 040 don't need any cooling , both cpus consumes only between 4 and 7 watts both can be used fanless
it happens in the era were retards adding unnecessary fans to some cpus
At default clock speeds they don't, but if you try to push the 060 beyond 75MHz, cooling goes from optional to necessary.

To OP:
Back in the day, I was a very early adopter and ordered one of the first Blizzard 1260s as soon as they became available in Germany ( and I live in Sweden) however I sold it sometime in the year 2001 or so..
Took a long time but some years ago I bought a rev 6 (latest version) 060 and had my Apollo 1240 upgraded by a fella in the forums known as mjnurney. (The Apollo must have a mach rev 131. If it's 130 you're out of luck.)
Anyhoo.. it was a surface mounted 040 which was desoldered from the board and replaced with a socketed 060. Apart from the required voltage fix (5 to 3.3V) the conversion also included a 64MB RAM mod (I have single module 64MB) and a RTC battery fix.
He did a very professional job and I'm happy with the board. I would agree that Blizzards are a better design, but if you happen to have an upgradable 1240 then the above mentioned conversation might be a good option.

Skickat från min HTC One via Tapatalk

Page generated in 0.07150 seconds with 11 queries