is a hardisk version not a floppy version
and nothing says related to AGA fix
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBong View Post
Try reading the file_id.diz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandro View Post
what says in file id diz is fake, read what says in the intro
That's not what you said in your OP. You said there was "nothing saying that it related to an AGA fix". It does in the file_id.diz, which I'm not sure that you read.

Quote:
fact is this game is 100% AGA compatible, it doesn't work only on machines which have clock related issues ( commonly called timing issues)
Bullshit! The original release of Arabian Nights V1.00 that I upped to the Zone doesn't work on my A1200/030 (rev 1D1, so no serious timing issues), even with degrading.

The game boots until the screen where you're asked whether you want to skip the animations or not. If you do, it then shows the titlescreen and loads for a bit, does a disk check and prompts for the language you want to play the game in. After you select the language, the game craps out and shows an "out of memory" message screen from Krisalis. It allows you to retry by pressing the left mouse button, but the same screen will keep popping up.

If you don't have the originals of games, then please stop guessing about their behaviour on real hardware. Arabian Nights is not 100% AGA compatible (and AGA = A1200 and A4000 in this instance BTW). If it was, then there wouldn't have been much need for an AGA fixed version to be released by crackers or the WHDLoad team to have patched it years ago! Also, it could be that V1.01 was released to improve AGA compatibility. I won't know for sure until I test it.

Last edited by DrBong; 04 February 2016 at 20:04.

Page generated in 0.05629 seconds with 11 queries