View Single Post
Old 27 November 2015, 07:33   #79
ReadOnlyCat
Code Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
Yep, but that still depends on pin 5 being held high for non-MD-supporting games, i.e. normal operation. I'd need to check the schematics, but if it defaults low, the MD controller will be stuck in 2nd bank mode and left/right on the D pad won't work.
I think button 3 is configured as an input and thus held high by default since it is intended to be the third mouse button but I may very well be wrong. I think I have read Toni mention what the default state was recently in another thread but I just cannot find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
From memory, some older Amigas have resistors and fuses on their ports, but the SMT ones (4000, 1200, 600, CD32) don't. Could be wrong there though...
I am under the same impression. My A500's schematics clearly mention a protection resistor while the online manual for the A600 only shows a tiny EMI thingy which I doubt is a resistor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
I have an alpha version, it really works great and I do hope robinsonb5 finishes it at some point. I'm not sure whta else needs to be ironed out but there were SOME games that were giving trouble with the adapter.
Is there a web site with the schematics? I am under the impression that a simple gate array should be enough to generate the needed signal conversions since the CD32 protocol is super simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
It came in a text file in the Flashback disks, not in the manual. I never had an original so there's no way I could have read this in the manual
I don't have my disks with me otherwise I would check.
I kind-of recall reading about it in the original manual but the memory is fuzzy and might very well be fabricated. Alas I cannot check since my original is exactly one atlantic ocean away from home and all my recent attempts at teleporting more than two micrometers away from my current position have failed miserably so far.

Page generated in 0.04263 seconds with 11 queries