View Single Post
Old 20 July 2015, 16:09   #96
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFluffy View Post
I've been following the apollo-core effort, and I truly believe they have the skill and determination to succeed despite the odds and will deliver
I am sure they will get something eventually which will out perform all but the fastest 060 accelerator.

Quote:
but there's been so much crap thrown at their effort by other vested interests you can't even discuss it elsewhere at times without it falling into name calling, so the odds of it becoming open source is rather less than good.
I think since the demise of NatAmi their aspirations have come down to earth and they seem to be making a concerted effort to deliver something. You cannot help but applaud such an effort.

Quote:
With the greatest of respect, thats going to give me a faster amiga, but its not going to let me get hands on with the innards of the magic happening unless there's a change of heart about releasing *ONCE* its been released as a closed product (not unlikely).
I'm sure they just want what most commercial developers want. A reasonable ROI. They must have spent hundreds if not thousands of man hours thinking, coding and re-coding their work.

Quote:
I wonder if there's some keeping cards close to chest to avoid a fear of a competitor scooping up their knowledge and releasing a higher priced alternative and claiming some aspects of the design.
Or an existing processor developer suing them for patent infringement?

Page generated in 0.05564 seconds with 11 queries