Thread: Suggestions
View Single Post
Old 12 June 2015, 13:49   #47
earok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codetapper View Post
What do you mean "paste it back into the source file" exactly?

I am guessing you are wanting to put graphics into a WinUAE savestate, but it's just a big stream. Let's say you have ripped the graphics as 16x16 tiles, arranged as a 4x4 grid, and there are 3 on the screen in Atari ST format. You load a 320x256 indexed PNG. What on earth is the program supposed to do? Decode everything back from PNG into the format the game needs and guess how many tiles etc?
Not really into a WinUAE save state, but into a file or disk image where the graphics aren't compressed. My idea was, assuming you've got MapTapper configured with the correct offset, number of bitplanes etc for ripping a specific image from a file, you could load in a replacement image instead. I hadn't really thought about multiple tiles/images, just a one-by-one image replacement. Sorry, hope that makes sense!

Edit: This might help explain things, with the "Giana II" hack of Hard N Heavy what I did was

- Load a WinUAE save state in MapTapper to get the palette
- Load the WHDLoad disk image rip in MapTapper
- Ripped the graphics and noted the offsets etc
- Edited the PNGs
- Converted the PNGs back to bitplanes and stored them in the WHDLoad disk image with an ugly program I hacked together

What I was really after was the ability to do that last step in MapTapper itself.

Last edited by earok; 12 June 2015 at 14:06.

Page generated in 0.04303 seconds with 10 queries