View Single Post
Old 29 May 2015, 23:53   #205
Bugala

personally I think A600 had one thing in it that I think as beign something genius, especially now afterwards watching.

For it had that hardware copy protection thing. Im not sure how that worked etc. But had they been able to replace all A500s with A600s, or even better, put that same copy protection thingy to A1200 as well, maybe game companies had started using it more, and maybe it had prevented from software/games being copied so much, and perhaps we would be having much more lively Amiga still.

But, does anyone know if that Hardware copyprotection thing was a wroking thing at all?

To my understanding it was that if game supported it (and was there even any?) you were supposed to put something bit like cartridge inside the A600 to play that game, or it would refuse to work.

But was that ever used, and did that really help anything, or did pirates get round it the moment it was released?

I could easily see the problem being that if you would release a game that supported that hardware copyprotection thing, then you would only sell it to A600 users, or otherwise the ones with A500 version could crack it and copy it to A600 as well.

But anyone know about this better?

Page generated in 0.04409 seconds with 11 queries