English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Collections (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Cement City BBS - MDR's uploads (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=91410)

MDR 19 March 2018 18:55

Cement City BBS - MDR's uploads

I have made a start uploading my files
First uploads 5CD's of Amiga games I built over the years.
File lists are included inside each .iso

Viceroy 19 March 2018 20:21

Brilliant thanks ;-0

DamienD 19 March 2018 21:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDR (Post 1228381)
I have made a start uploading my files
First uploads 5CD's of Amiga games I built over the years.
File lists are included inside each .iso

Great, thank you :great

...once you've finished, I'll move everything to a more appropriate location ;)

Sandancer 19 March 2018 22:00

Cool Thank You :)

MDR 19 March 2018 22:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1228425)
Great, thank you :great

...once you've finished, I'll move everything to a more appropriate location ;)

You can move the ISO files now as they are complete, I have just uploaded the BBS file listings. I'll upload the entire BBS in .rar files over the coming days. I just have to watch my bandwidth as I'm also dragging about 15gig a day of .flac files from Russia as that's my main interests these days. :D

Viceroy 19 March 2018 22:25

;-)

chip 20 March 2018 06:47

I downloaded the 5 CDs .... very well done :)

About the BBS, is this one isn't it ? :blased

http://janeway.exotica.org.uk/author.php?id=52346

MDR 20 March 2018 11:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by chip (Post 1228508)
I downloaded the 5 CDs .... very well done :)

About the BBS, is this one isn't it ? :blased

http://janeway.exotica.org.uk/author.php?id=52346

Yes :)

MDR 20 March 2018 11:42

DAT Tape 1 fully Uploaded this can now be Moved to BBS It's labelled as AMIGA1
I have also uploaded 'How I did this using Linux.txt' I really would appreciate if we have any Linux experts on here for some one to read it, as AMIGA2 DAT Tape has some missing files I can not recover the txt file explains why I can not recover them. Maybe we have some one clever enough to solve my problem? In Total there will be 6 DAT Tapes I will try and do one each day.

DamienD 20 March 2018 12:09

Thank you MDR :great

...I'll move everything once you've completed uploading.

dlfrsilver 20 March 2018 12:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDR (Post 1228599)
DAT Tape 1 fully Uploaded this can now be Moved to BBS It's labelled as AMIGA1
I have also uploaded 'How I did this using Linux.txt' I really would appreciate if we have any Linux experts on here for some one to read it, as AMIGA2 DAT Tape has some missing files I can not recover the txt file explains why I can not recover them. Maybe we have some one clever enough to solve my problem? In Total there will be 6 DAT Tapes I will try and do one each day.

Thank you for helping preserving this other collection.

MDR 20 March 2018 12:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlfrsilver (Post 1228614)
Thank you for helping preserving this other collection.

They have sat in the Attic for 22 Years, I'm 60 years old now, so they would just have all got chucked in a skip in the next 20 years or so. I feel it's better they belong with a community that will enjoy them :) I just found a Hellfire 96-97 CD that some one sent me years ago I will upload that at some point as well.

Viceroy 20 March 2018 13:32

Well done MDR more good news this year for the Amiga scene ;-)

HOL2001 20 March 2018 14:20

Many thanks for sharing! :)

MDR 21 March 2018 11:54

DAT Tape 2 Fully Uploaded

Viceroy 21 March 2018 13:43

Thanks ;-)

dlfrsilver 21 March 2018 13:52

thanks a lot !!!

MDR 21 March 2018 14:54

I'm finding the BBS Folder on the server a bit confusing.
I would Class Boondox, Gurus Dream & The Boiler Room as BBS as you can see the Ami Express /X File Listings with Upload date P (Passed etc.) So you know the filenames are correct nothing has been altered. But some of the other stuff I would just class as Collection not BBS as they are not in BBS format. I have not looked at everything yet but that's my observations so far, does anyone else have any feedback on this?

Phantasm 21 March 2018 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDR (Post 1229047)
I'm finding the BBS Folder on the server a bit confusing.
I would Class Boondox, Gurus Dream & The Boiler Room as BBS as you can see the Ami Express /X File Listings with Upload date P (Passed etc.) So you know the filenames are correct nothing has been altered. But some of the other stuff I would just class as Collection not BBS as they are not in BBS format. I have not looked at everything yet but that's my observations so far, does anyone else have any feedback on this?

i agree, i'm just in the process of grabbing a lot of this for myself and those 3 collections seem to be the best source. Will definitely take a look at what you've uploaded too.

as a side note, I remember cement city well. My memory is a bit vague from so long ago but I think i bought some hardware from you as well. I don't remember exactly what it was but i do remember upgrading from a 1200 to a 4000 and various other bits to go with it over a period of time, a multiface 3 serial card, a scsi card and an excalibur 040 card - so it would probably have been something along those lines.

PS thanks for uploading this for us all

fryguy 21 March 2018 19:26

Thanks!