English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.FS-UAE (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Eye of the beholder 1 & 2 AGA (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=68520)

Neil79 26 March 2013 01:47

Eye of the beholder 1 & 2 AGA

Can someone please help me in getting Eye of the beholder 1 and 2 AGA versions working through FS-UAE? I have asked for it to be added to the Online Game Database however it looks as if people won't touch either 1 or 2, because they are buggy! Yes I have it working with classicWB,AIAB and HWA just fine since the latest 2.6.0 WINUAE beta 10+ was released.

EOB1 AGA
EOB2 AGA

I also have the HWA/Hobring configuration and main files from their released version aswell, but don't know how to transfer the config over to FS-UAE.

As you can tell i'm a huge EOB fan :laughing

CFou! 26 March 2013 02:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil79 (Post 877545)
Can someone please help me in getting Eye of the beholder 1 and 2 AGA versions working through FS-UAE? I have asked for it to be added to the Online Game Database however it looks as if people won't touch either 1 or 2, because they are buggy! Yes I have it working with classicWB,AIAB and HWA just fine since the latest 2.6.0 WINUAE beta 10+ was released.

EOB1 AGA
EOB2 AGA

I also have the HWA/Hobring configuration and main files from their released version aswell, but don't know how to transfer the config over to FS-UAE.

if you are working version of WB 3.1 or better installed on FS-uae

both eob aga version must works

you must just install eob fonts in fonts: and westwood.library in libs:

if not try whdload's versions....

Neil79 26 March 2013 02:42

CFOU! As i said I have it working just fine on all my versions, I just need to know how to get FS-UAE to have it in the gaming list as a configuration.

Step by step guide would be helpful, thanks for your help btw.

I may come across a bit grumpy, Just going to bed now after finishing up these articles as I'm bloody knackered :D

TCD 26 March 2013 07:50

Frode is already thinking about a feature for more complex HD game setups than the current WHDLoad feature :) Seems like it would be worth to wait for that feature before adding those two variants (unless CFOU can patch EOB to use the font and lib from a subfolder of course ;)).

CFou! 26 March 2013 09:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil79 (Post 877551)
CFOU! As i said I have it working just fine on all my versions, I just need to know how to get FS-UAE to have it in the gaming list as a configuration.

Step by step guide would be helpful, thanks for your help btw.

I may come across a bit grumpy, Just going to bed now after finishing up these articles as I'm bloody knackered :D

sorry i had readed too quickly :crazy

CFou! 26 March 2013 09:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil79 (Post 877545)

i am a fan too:D

Neil79 26 March 2013 09:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid (Post 877564)
Frode is already thinking about a feature for more complex HD game setups than the current WHDLoad feature :) Seems like it would be worth to wait for that feature before adding those two variants (unless CFOU can patch EOB to use the font and lib from a subfolder of course ;)).

That's great news, thanks TCD :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFOU! (Post 877576)
i am a fan too

:D :D :D WIN!

Marcuz 26 March 2013 11:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFOU! (Post 877576)
i am a fan too:D

Aehm, you remember about the EoB ECS/AGA CFOU! versions's bug threads waiting for your lovely help, right? :)

CFou! 26 March 2013 11:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcuz (Post 877587)
Aehm, you remember about the EoB ECS/AGA CFOU! versions's bug threads waiting for your lovely help, right? :)

if i found time in june i'll try to finish it

but i need help of transalators... in my memory EOB2 transalation are not finished (french by example)

if i found some free times to finish it and translators to help me , i'll try to fix some bugs and i'll release source code too...

Goingdown 26 March 2013 12:18

Here is How I got it working using launcher:

Download LHA file
Create folder EOB1 and extract the archive inside this folder
Compress (zip) the whole EOB1 folder to zip file EOB1-AGA.zip
* repacking is necessary because launcher seems to expect to have the whdload files to be in subfolder inside archive

Create local configuration to launcher:
* Amiga 1200/68020
* default settings
* select file EOB1-AGA.zip as hard disk
* put this to whdload options:
EOB-AGA.Slave preload data=data-vga Cache PreloadSize=3881406

Same process for EOB2, but just use file EOB2-AGA.zip and following whdload options:
EOB2-AGA.Slave preload cache data=data-vga

Neil79 26 March 2013 13:44

Nice, thankyou Goingdown

By the way, have you tried these versions with the configuration and drives already done? Just trying to find a way to move it over in an easier method for FS-UAE.

http://hobring.esero.net/games.htm

Eye of The Beholder I *AGA* Remake v.1.09
Eye of The Beholder II *AGA* Ramake v.1.05

Goingdown 26 March 2013 14:20

I haven't tried those. I am running Linux, and FS-UAE (with Launcher) is best & easiest Amiga emulator for Linux I have used.

Neil79 26 March 2013 22:23

Not enough memory on loading EOB-AGA.Slave

Added 2GB and 8GB fast ram, Saved the new configuration and now works

WOOHOO!!!!!! FS-UAE LAUNCHER WITH EOB AGA :D

Will add this to the game database I think, thanks to your help

- Done added to the game database for EOB 1 and 2 comments -

Neil79 27 March 2013 02:33

http://www.indieretronews.com/2013/0...sions-now.html

My gratitude :)

Goingdown 27 March 2013 06:54

No problem, great that they work...

I realized that normal A1200 cpu should be enough, A1200/020 thing was just my first try and I forgot to change it... (There was "mmu" option in original whdload launcher, so that was why I tried the better cpu's first and I left that alone when I got it working). I tested with plain A1200 and seems to work.

Neil79 27 March 2013 13:01

MMU is preferred but can cause more issues if not using the very latest beta :), I believe this was fixed in 2.5.0 as well but cannot remember

CFou! 27 March 2013 13:26

for information,

don't forget i had included a cheat mode on AGA version :confused

Neil79 27 March 2013 13:47

You did? I didn't forget, just didn't know

Can you list the cheat please and how to use it :)

CFou! 27 March 2013 14:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil79 (Post 877847)
You did? I didn't forget, just didn't know

Can you list the cheat please and how to use it :)

only one cheat mode on map screen

little :help; just 4 letters to type ;) i I'll let you guess:spin

Neil79 27 March 2013 14:48

I'll give that a try later :D :D and edit accordingly ;)