English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.WinUAE (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Questron 2 Save state and custon tool types (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=55262)

Emu Amiga 20 September 2010 00:29

Questron 2 Save state and custon tool types

Hi everyone, i have two questions. I am currently playing Questron 2. When i save via the menu, it says that the operation isn't fully compatible with my current configuration, if i save will it corupt my game?

My second question: it says in the 'readme' that the game supports custom tool types commands with a registered copy of Whdload. I have a registered version of Whdload but i don't know how to enter these codes or access these commands.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TCD 20 September 2010 00:33

Save states with games played from HD aren't guaranteed to work. It might work, but you can't rely on it.

To change the tooltypes select the icon of the game, hold down the right mouse button and select Icons -> Information... from the menu at the top.

Emu Amiga 20 September 2010 09:02

Thanks for the speedy reply, but i am still a bit confused. I followed your instructions, but when i try to edit the custom line nothing happens.

TCD 20 September 2010 09:16

You click on 'New' (if the Custom1 tooltype isn't there already) and after you edited the line you click on 'Save'. Maybe you can make a screenshot where you think the problem is? :)

Emu Amiga 20 September 2010 09:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid (Post 701908)
You click on 'New' (if the Custom1 tooltype isn't there already) and after you edited the line you click on 'Save'. Maybe you can make a screenshot where you think the problem is? :)

Tried new, but no matter what i type it will not save, Text editing isn't rocket science. This emulator makes me feel like a dumb-bunny. This is very easy in windows.

Also, i have absolutely no idea how to create a screenshot on ClassicWB.
Oh, my first attempt to edit the text i got a 'guru meditation' error, Madness. :laughing

TCD 20 September 2010 10:01

Press 'End + Print' to take a screenshot. Will be saved to your WinUAE folder (if not configured otherwise).

Emu Amiga 20 September 2010 10:06

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, here is the screenie Attachment 26516

Emu Amiga 20 September 2010 10:12

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid (Post 701918)
Press 'End + Print' to take a screenshot. Will be saved to your WinUAE folder (if not configured otherwise).

Thanks for the reply, the thing that boggles me is there are 3 tabs, when i go to the 'Tool Type' tab, this is what it displays;

SLAVE=Questron2.slave
PRELOAD
(CUSTOM1=X)
; (1-7) Activate trainer options, see readme for info

When i try to edit line 3, it never seems to save the edited text :bash

Thanks again for the assistance.

Attachment 26517

TCD 20 September 2010 10:21

So if you edit the third line to 'CUSTOM1=4' (remove the quotes and change X to 4) and click on save, the next time you open the tool types tab it's back to '(Custom1=X)'?

Emu Amiga 20 September 2010 10:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid (Post 701926)
So if you edit the third line to 'CUSTOM1=4' (remove the quotes and change X to 4) and click on save, the next time you open the tool types tab it's back to '(Custom1=X)'?

Yep, weird huh? I hope i described my problem as accurate as possible. Thanks again.

Edit: I give that one more shot, also the delete function works as intended...hehe

Edit 2: Nope, tried three times, i even rebooted (virtual) machine, no change.

TCD 20 September 2010 10:35

I will try with ClassicWB later (only have a plain WB 3.1 install here right now). Normally it should work that way.

Emu Amiga 20 September 2010 10:39

I agree, it might just be a Vista 64 thing, Winuae gets thrown in my Public folder. Thanks for the help, i think i need to pound my head harder on my desk a little harder. :laughing

Locash 20 September 2010 19:58

If your running the game from the Windows filesystem rather than a HDF it could be a weird UAC issue. Have you tried starting Winuae as Administrator and then making the change to the tooltype.?

Toni Wilen 20 September 2010 20:18

Filesystem is "supported" (works, usually), that message appears if completely unsupported feature is enabled like uaescsi or bsdsocket.

Do not put configuration files, adfs, hdfs etc.. in Program Files.

TCD 20 September 2010 20:36

Just tried it with ClassicWB (thanks for the bump Locash ;)) and after you edited the CUSTOM entry, press return and then save. That should 'fix' it :)

Emu Amiga 21 September 2010 00:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid (Post 702063)
Just tried it with ClassicWB (thanks for the bump Locash ;)) and after you edited the CUSTOM entry, press return and then save. That should 'fix' it :)

Yep, that did it. :laughing And the ding-dong of the day award goes to....me.

I fell rather sheepish, befuddled by the [enter] key. thanks again TCD, is there anything about this emulator you don't know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toni Wilen (Post 702057)
Filesystem is "supported" (works, usually), that message appears if completely unsupported feature is enabled like uaescsi or bsdsocket.

Do not put configuration files, adfs, hdfs etc.. in Program Files.

I have all my files in my Public folder, but thanks for the info just the same. Oh, if i haven't said enough lately, thanks for the continued support of the great emulator.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid (Post 702063)

Editing the text worked fine, but no infinite gold, oh well, i guess that just defeats the whole purpose of the game anyways. C-64 version seems alot easier it just looking at it on a 24" monitor sorta hurts the old eyes.

andreas 21 September 2010 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emu Amiga (Post 702150)
I fell rather sheepish, befuddled by the [enter] key.

Why? Well, I guess you should not blame the emulator here, but AmigaOS!
Unless I'm completely wrong, this is actually an OS weirdness...

TCD 21 September 2010 09:48

Actually it's ClassicWB (or rather Scalos?) specific. Works fine without the enter key with a plain WB information dialog. Sometimes reading the whole thread is not a bad idea before jumping to conclusions.

Toni Wilen 21 September 2010 15:52

HDtoolbox is another common program that requires enter or tab (2.0+) in string gadgets. AFAIK it happens because programs wait for GADGETUP intuition message and only then copies the entered string to internal buffer.

I checked RKRM Libraries gadgets chapter and Interface Style Guide books but unfortunately neither said anything about "official" string gadget behavior.

Steve C 12 January 2012 13:37

*BUMP*

The readme file in Zeewolf WHDLOAD says: "CUSTOM1 values may be added together to activate multiple features"

Does this mean multiple entries of CUSTOM1 values i.e.

CUSTOM1=2
CUSTOM1=4 etc. or do I add them on the same entry eg

CUSTOM1=2, 4

What is the correct syntax?