English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.APoV (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Next issue any time soon? (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=24215)

MheAd 02 July 2006 12:10

Next issue any time soon?

Hi guys.
So, is the third issue expected coming out anytime soon? How long has it been since 2nd issue, nearly 2 years ago or what?

blackcornflake 03 July 2006 22:52

Hi MheAd

APoV issue 3 is still a little way off, I'm afraid. There is some good content in place, but there is still work to be done. Can't really be specific with a potential release date yet. Sorree.

The long and short of it is that key members of the team (well, okay, mainly me) have essentially been real short on time to work on APoV due to other commitments. It's been progressing, but at a rate commensurate with a very slow thing.

Issue 2 was released on 30th July 2004, so it is indeed very nearly two years now. I guess that almost qualifies the thing for retro status in its own right. Slightly scary thought.

Anyway, rest assured that #3 is coming, and that we're all working to make it as good as it can be. And that it's not really gonna morph into an Xbox mag ;)

pbareges 16 August 2006 18:29

Great! Can't Wait To Read It!

Dastardly 16 August 2006 19:27

Looking forward to it too and resisting the urge to nag ;)

_ThEcRoW 19 August 2006 15:18

It will be called Xpov?. What has xbox to do with Amiga?

Graham Humphrey 19 August 2006 15:51

Er, it's a joke. OR IS IT? ;)

CodyJarrett 19 August 2006 22:28

The idea is that XPoV will reach a wider audience and when it hits 1,000,000 readers it will suddenly turn back into APoV.

Anubis 21 August 2006 20:47

:D

Let's post Fred's attachment, and we will even reach wider audience. More people will get offended for sure... :agree:laughing

nujack 22 October 2006 17:48

Any news? Is the project still alive? Can`t wait ...

Bye

nujack

blackcornflake 06 June 2007 03:08

Rejoice, for blackcornflake has finished his degree

Apart from being cause for celebration in itself, this means that APoV can awake from its slumber and the production of issue 3 can resume in earnest. And I mean it this time.

Issue 3 will come. The most exact I can be right now though is 'before Xmas'. I know that's vague, and I know that it's been so long, APoV is in danger of being lumped in with AmigaInc and all the other Amiga entities that promise and never deliver. But I swear on Cody's big chopper that #3 will materialise pronto. And that it will be quite good :cool

If I could urge the good people of EAB (and Dizzy) to do one thing that would help APoV and make me a happy corny, it would be: vote in the games chart!

Of course, the three-year delay was carefully designed to coincide with the release of the new Transformers movie, providing a subtle and esoteric pop-cultural resonance with the Back Page of issue 2. Yes.

Graham Humphrey 06 June 2007 10:30

Has hell frozen over or something? :D

Seriously, this is great stuff - though my football article (which I wrote (or half-wrote) to tie in with the World Cup last year) may look a bit silly now. Never mind, hey ;)

Muzkat 06 June 2007 11:08

Yay! I'm dying to see my two reviews published!

killergorilla 06 June 2007 11:25

Awesome news mate :) Good to have ya back!

What is the games chart vote you speak of though?

Belgarath 06 June 2007 12:19

blackcornflake....rings a bell..

Nope sorry, don't remember ya..

blackcornflake 06 June 2007 12:44

Muzkat: me too, cos they're cool.

Graham: no writing is ever wasted. Especially stuff about Amiga footy games :) We can use your piece in a later issue, whether it specifically coincides with a tournament or not. Which it might, as the Euro champs are next year.

KG: remember this? http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=13688

People aren't obliged to vote, but more is always good (in this case): the current low level of votes means that the chart won't change much from last time. It's funny how it isn't more popular, as this sort of thing typically excites game fans more than free beer.

Belg: I'll ring your bell.

killergorilla 06 June 2007 12:46

Blimey that's going back a bit. Seems I've already voted though :) And I'm still happy with my vote! HURRAH!

Dizzy 06 June 2007 14:54

Good news :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackcornflake

If I could urge the good people of EAB (and Dizzy) to do one thing that would help APoV and make me a happy corny, it would be: vote in the games chart!.

I've done that allready my good man ;)

pbareges 06 June 2007 16:56

glad you're back!

Graham Humphrey 06 June 2007 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackcornflake
Graham: no writing is ever wasted. Especially stuff about Amiga footy games :) We can use your piece in a later issue, whether it specifically coincides with a tournament or not. Which it might, as the Euro champs are next year.

That would be good if it did. It might be worth my while re-writing some of it and adding to it and some point I guess. Particularly as it's out-of-date ;)

Pyromania 07 June 2007 03:28

APoV is a great mag and I enjoyed the first two issues. I wonder what will ship first the next issue of NewsTek http://www.discreetfx.com/newstek/index.html
(About two years overdue)

or APoV #3? I have no interest in X-Box stuff though.