English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Amiga scene (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   D520 hdmi video converter and whdload. (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=108253)

Adrian Browne 14 September 2021 11:35

D520 hdmi video converter and whdload.

I currently have sound issues with beast 1, 3 and Turrican 2 played via whdload; namely some sound channels do not play- I understand these games use more channels than others and Turrican splits channels to create 7 channels or such. I also found out that the hdmi cable supplied with the d520 is wholly bin-worthy so I bought a better cable and now the d520 works on my generic flatscreen too- but i get no sound on that or my panasonic. Could it be because I am running the games via whdload? Can anybody with a d520 and whdload test this? I might be able to locate an original turrican 3 disk at my parents later if it still plays after all these years- I bet it will though.

Also as little info or proper reviews exist of this device i thought a dedicated thread was in order.

Jope 14 September 2021 11:49

In order to debug this, you ought to listen to the audio directly from your Amiga's stereo output.

Perhaps also run amiga testkit to determine that everything is fine, you can toggle individual channels on/off there.

Adrian Browne 14 September 2021 12:21

[QUOTE=Jope;1506517]In order to debug this, you ought to listen to the audio directly from your Amiga's stereo output. How do I do this? Audio left and right are routed from my amiga through the d520 via audio in at this time.

Jope 14 September 2021 12:24

Powered speakers temporarily?

I use a bluetooth speaker with aux in for this stuff.

If that is totally impossible, try to connect the Amiga to the D520 with another rca <-> 3.5mm cable? Always suspect the cable first.

Adrian Browne 14 September 2021 12:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jope (Post 1506528)
Powered speakers temporarily?

I use a bluetooth speaker with aux in for this stuff.

If that is totally impossible, try to connect the Amiga to the D520 with another rca <-> 3.5mm cable? Always suspect the cable first.

Right- I will see if i have suitable speakers- I thought i had another rca cable somewhere...

Adrian Browne 14 September 2021 18:57

Tried another rca cable and i get the same results. Improper sound

jotd 14 September 2021 19:40

either left (or right) channel isn't outputted or you're using maybe old versions of slaves with music issues???

play modules with drums, have a play with protracker on various channels.

whdload is probably not the cause.

stevelord 14 September 2021 21:05

Is it just WHDLoad where you have the sound problems or do they appear generally when playing say, Protracker or MED songs?

You should be able to play tracks/samples on individual channels in Protracker or OctaMED. Which channels are failing and which are working?

Adrian Browne 15 September 2021 03:17

You guys were correct i outputted through a portable speaker and i experienced the same problem. One of my audio outs is broken on my 1200. Its the first time i ever used these ports since purchasing it a few months back. Thanks for your help. Now i need to get my 1200 fixed. The ctrl, A, A reset key combo no longer works also.

Jope 15 September 2021 09:13

Sounds like you're overdue for a recap. :-( Hope you can find a good recapper who also does repairs. Just swapping caps is not enough at this point.

Adrian Browne 16 September 2021 03:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jope (Post 1506697)
Sounds like you're overdue for a recap. :-( Hope you can find a good recapper who also does repairs. Just swapping caps is not enough at this point.

Damn you might be right- the mouse port does not work now at boot up but plug it out and back in again and it does. I might retire my 1200 till i get it fixed- could be as expensive as buying a new base machine though...