English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.Killergorilla's WHD packs (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Calling it a day... (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=57057)

killergorilla 03 January 2011 02:36

Calling it a day...

Ignoring the most recent kgwhd pack (which I know I haven't released yet, but trust me it is on the way) I think I'm going to hang up my hat.

I just have too much I'd rather do.

I'm not leaving EAB and I'll always stick around, and to be honest I'll still install all the whdload games myself (because I'm a bit of a perfectionist) and may slap them up on the website every now and then, but I am not going to make any "releases".

Life is brilliant, and you fill it with what you want to do. For me that is certainly true. I love games, I've always enjoyed playing Amiga games and WHDLoad has made it that much easier.

So thanks to everyone involved in whdload, especially those lazy bastards who couldn't be arsed to install the games themselves.

PS: Massive thanks to DeCreator wherever you are for starting this all off.

Zetr0 03 January 2011 02:51

Thanks for your work and efforts my friend,

I truly appreciate it, as does all my Amiga!

fitzsteve 03 January 2011 03:01

Thanks for everything mate, my Miggy's FDD's really appreciate not having to go through the install for 2000+ games :great

Steve :D

T_hairy_bootson 03 January 2011 05:32

Thank you for your efforts KG, another appreciative person here (lazy bastard who couldn't be arsed to install the games himself).

:bowdown

I wonder if another will step up. :nervous

Magno Boots 03 January 2011 06:50

KG must be in love :help

Seriously though, thanks for all the releases buddy.

Just think of where the 'lazy arsed (robbing) bastards' selling CF cards on Ebay would have been wthout you.. nowhere

Happy new year
Magno

TCD 03 January 2011 07:54

Is this the official 'condolences for KG' thread? Ah okay, thanks.
/me stares a bit at the open coffin
*snif*
Farewell and thanks for all the munchy installs :(

Peter 03 January 2011 09:42

KG - you are a legend in Amigaland.

Glad to hear that you are not leaving the scene completely!
Thanks for all your hard work over the years - especially the Super Skidmarks installs!!

rave 03 January 2011 10:43

Thanks for all your work KG :)

Graham Humphrey 03 January 2011 11:26

Thanks for your sterling service to the community KG - you have made the lives of many (including mine) much simpler when it comes to installing WHDLoad games and it will always be fully appreciated :)

Predseda 03 January 2011 11:32

Thank you for all the fish.

Allen1 03 January 2011 13:21

Thanks for all the work you have done KG, all these games and the WHDLoad program that they are meant for, has given the Amiga even more life than it had when it was still being produced. With all the various Amiga emulators, new hardware and storage options, the Amiga is still going to be around for a while yet, your uploads have played a very big part of its popularity for the likes of myself and I am truly pleased that I found out about your game packs :great

Its good to know that you are still going to be around and I hope you enjoy a bit of a change to your lifestyle. life's too short to not take advantage of a change now and then ;)

FOL 03 January 2011 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid (Post 726332)
Is this the official 'condolences for KG' thread? Ah okay, thanks.
/me stares a bit at the open coffin
*snif*
Farewell and thanks for all the munchy installs :(

What he said.

KG, you have made loads of peoples lives so much easier.

AmigaFriend 03 January 2011 13:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by FOL (Post 726388)
KG, you have made loads of peoples lives so much easier.

Indeed and I don't have words to thank you enough.

Well enjoy life, it's always a great thing.

Bloodwych 03 January 2011 15:10

Well you've had a good innings and gave us a lot to chew on over the years, we can't complain! Give yourself a big pat on the back and bow out with your head held high!

Thanks for taking up the project after DeCreator, who also had a huge impact on these really useful packs so thanks to him too.

Big thanks to the WHDLoad team as well - where would we be without such an awesome utility. :)

Hungry Horace 03 January 2011 15:18

Yep, respect due, and cheers for all your help over the years KG - you're a credit to the community.

Gordon 03 January 2011 15:47

Thanks to you i have discovered many amiga games I didnt know about from the old days. Sometimes I would go hmm lets have a look in C folder, find a game and play it. Or have a look on HOL, filter for whdload game, find a game, go to amiga, open it and play. No hassle searching for an ADF and the installer and al the hassle that goes with it.

killergorilla 03 January 2011 16:05

This thread reads a bit like an obituary...

Just to clarify, I'm not dead :)

I'm still alive!

Cheers for the magical words though guys, keep em coming ;)

Retro-Nerd 03 January 2011 16:33

Killergorilla obituary

Mr. Killergorilla died last night. He was tired out from installing thousands of WHDLoad games and fell accidently out of his window. Obviously he landed in a convertible with 3 nuns, which were totally shocked. The female driver braked instantly, so Mr. Killgorilla was catapulted into a group of very fat women at their aerobics lesson outdoors. One of them slipped, fell on this poor guy and crushed him to death. Some eyewitnesses said it was disgusting, others said it was hilarious.

@KG

Many thanks for your preinstalled WHDLoad games all over the years. :)

P.S.: This doesn't help you to quit the work on KGLoad. :evilgrin

klx300r 03 January 2011 18:19

big thanks dude..you deserve a break:great

btw, hope she likes things RETRO:laughing

Calgor 03 January 2011 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by killergorilla (Post 726303)
Life is brilliant, and you fill it with what you want to do. For me that is certainly true. I love games, I've always enjoyed playing Amiga games and WHDLoad has made it that much easier.

:great

Do what you like doing KG, thanks for all the packs they were very useful and saved a lot of time.

I do wonder however if you will finish your unfinished projects before I finish mine... part of the new year's resolutions hey.

See you on irc now and then :)