English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.WinUAE (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Recently changed WinUAE folder, now getting Arabuusimiehet.WinUAE error (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=84055)

Foebane 09 September 2016 11:08

Recently changed WinUAE folder, now getting Arabuusimiehet.WinUAE error
 
1 Attachment(s)
For a while now, I've used WinUAE in one path:

C:\Users\Foebane\RetroStuff\(AMIGA)

but today I thought I'd change "(AMIGA)" to "AMIGA" and now when I click on the "RetroStuff" hard drive partition in Workbench I get an MS-DOS window saying the above with the following text:

Code:

  D0 00000000  D1 00000020  D2 00000018  D3 01E40AC1
  D4 01E4B265  D5 00F99EEC  D6 0792C994  D7 0792AC94
  A0 0780098E  A1 0792AC38  A2 0792AC94  A3 07800992
  A4 00F81600  A5 0792C712  A6 078007F8  A7 07802270
USP  0792C758 ISP  07802270 SFC  00000001 DFC  00000001
CACR 80008000 TC  00000000 ITT0 00FFC000 ITT1 00FFC000
DTT0 0000C040 DTT1 00FFC020 VBR  07826CFC MSP  00000000
MMUS 00000000 URP  00000000 SRP  00000000
T=00 S=1 M=0 X=0 N=0 Z=0 V=0 C=0 IMASK=0 STP=1
FP0: nan FP1: nan FP2: nan FP3: nan
FP4: nan FP5: nan FP6: nan FP7: nan
FPSR: 4000000 FPCR: 00000000 FPIAR: 00000000 N=0 Z=1 I=0 NAN=0
00F8147E 60e6                    BT .B #$ffffffe6 == $00f81466 (T)

When I changed the WinUAE path, I did change the configuration files accordingly, but whilst the Workbench partitions work fine, my "RetroStuff" partition doesn't.

So what is the problem?

Toni Wilen 09 September 2016 13:37

Can't say what happens, logging was not enabled. (Paths -> tick logging checkbox before starting emulation).

Foebane 09 September 2016 17:48

1 Attachment(s)
Try the attached. I'm now getting a guru when I try to access the partition.

I'm thinking that the paths I'm using in the config are the cause of the problem, as the System and Work partitions are subfolders of the RetroStuff folder which I also use as a partition - some kind of conflict, perhaps?

In any case, after I got the error message I changed the RetroStuff partition path to a separate subfolder and that seems to have cleared it up.

ShK 09 September 2016 18:06

Sorry for the little OT, but Toni, what is the history of this word "Arabuusimiehet", it sounds wrong written Finnish language?

Foebane 09 September 2016 18:07

Can I edit the .uae files directly in Notepad to add or change Hard Drives, or do I need to do it through WinUAE?

DamienD 09 September 2016 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foebane (Post 1110380)
Can I edit the .uae files directly in Notepad to add or change Hard Drives, or do I need to do it through WinUAE?

Yup Notepad, that's what I do ;)

Toni Wilen 09 September 2016 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShK (Post 1110379)
Sorry for the little OT, but Toni, what is the history of this word "Arabuusimiehet", it sounds wrong written Finnish language?

I won't tell anything :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foebane (Post 1110377)
Try the attached. I'm now getting a guru when I try to access the partition.

59-686 [131 225-146]: ExceptionFilter Trap: 00000008 80F7147E 00000000
59-689 [131 225-197]: Access violation! (68KPC=00F8147E HOSTADDR=00000008)

Something goes wrong and it seems to corrupt something causing debugger to activate.

I don't see anything else wrong in the log, KS ROM is found (and is valid), directory paths seem to exists and so on..

Does it work if JIT is switched off? What if chip ram size is changed to standard 2M?

Foebane 09 September 2016 19:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toni Wilen (Post 1110387)
Something goes wrong and it seems to corrupt something causing debugger to activate.

I don't see anything else wrong in the log, KS ROM is found (and is valid), directory paths seem to exists and so on..

Does it work if JIT is switched off? What if chip ram size is changed to standard 2M?

Sorry, I didn't check it under the settings you describe, but I've just chucked the configs anyway and set up ones with new hard drives, and for the moment it seems to be working fine now.

The trouble seems to stem from my renaming the WinUAE folder from "(AMIGA)" to "AMIGA" (without the brackets) just to tidy up my files - it seems most software doesn't like being "uprooted" like this, and it certainly leaves a lot of unwanted stuff in the Registry which I can't change, or at least I'm not aware of software that would clean up such detritus.

Toni Wilen 09 September 2016 19:28

I don't think so. No assumptions allowed, especially without any way to test it anymore..

Foebane 09 September 2016 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toni Wilen (Post 1110397)
I don't think so. No assumptions allowed, especially without any way to test it anymore..

True, I did download the WinUAE zip rather than the installer, so I'm guessing the former is portable.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I was just looking for one way to solve the problem, but I found another. :)


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:09.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

Page generated in 0.04444 seconds with 11 queries