English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.Apps (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   OS 3.2 - Have lost AGA colours? (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=107475)

stylon 29 June 2021 19:35

OS 3.2 - Have lost AGA colours?

1 Attachment(s)
Been having a mare of a time upgrading my 3.1.4 A1200 030 to 3.2. Seems everything that could go wrong did...

However I've slowly managed to resolve most of the issues now but am still left with quite a big one. Basically I am no longer able to select more than 32 colours for Workbench and the modes I usually use the most (HighGFX as I have an Indivision AGA Mk3) only lets me have 4 colours. :sad

I'm hoping I've just missed something obvious but would appreciate any pointers.

daxb 29 June 2021 19:45

Maybe AGA is not activated? Usually SetPatch does it. So try to run SetPatch first.

stylon 29 June 2021 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by daxb (Post 1493220)
Maybe AGA is not activated? Usually SetPatch does it. So try to run SetPatch first.

Sheesh - that one is totally my fault. Forgot I'd commented that out whilst troubelshooting something else earlier today.

Thank you :) :bowdown

stylon 06 July 2021 00:35

1 Attachment(s)
OK, having a bout of Deja Vu tonight. My Amiga refuses to boot up (just getting a blank screen) so I used the new startup tracking feature to step through each command.

If I skip the setpatch command the Amiga boots, albeit in reduced colour mode. If I enable it - it fails to boot. This is why I had commented it out originally.

I have tried going through each command in the startup-sequence and the only odd thing I can find is when it loads 'IPrefs' a system requester pops up to reset the screen and then the whole Amiga locks up completely (requiring a reboot). :confused

bubbob42 06 July 2021 00:48

Did you install the MMULibs? Which turbocard / exact CPU are you using?

stylon 06 July 2021 01:01

Interesting you should mention that. I did install them yes as it kept nagging me every time it booted. But even after installing them (using the option in the 3.2 installer) and rebooting that nag message came up again. So I removed that section of the SS thinking it was now redundant?

I've got a Blizzard Mk4 68030 with FPU and SCSI kit.

bubbob42 06 July 2021 08:05

You seem to have a conflict between your old install and the new one. I’d recommend a fresh 3.2 install.

stylon 06 July 2021 19:20

Something definitely not playing ball but I'd really like to fix it in situ if at all possible. I have spent a long time getting a lot of different things to works nicely and would really prefer not to have to throw it all away and start from scratch if I can avoid it.

AMIGASYSTEM 06 July 2021 19:28

Now with a Mixed OS it's hard to pinpoint the various problems, there will be other things you fixed that won't work well with a mixed OS.

As recommended by bubbob42 install a clean 3.2 system and then add your apps and you'll see that everything will work fine.

bubbob42 06 July 2021 23:02

@stylon you will have to provide more and detailed information. Like system log.

kalu666 01 August 2021 23:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by stylon (Post 1494322)
OK, having a bout of Deja Vu tonight. My Amiga refuses to boot up (just getting a blank screen) so I used the new startup tracking feature to step through each command.

If I skip the setpatch command the Amiga boots, albeit in reduced colour mode. If I enable it - it fails to boot. This is why I had commented it out originally.

I have tried going through each command in the startup-sequence and the only odd thing I can find is when it loads 'IPrefs' a system requester pops up to reset the screen and then the whole Amiga locks up completely (requiring a reboot). :confused

try to add "wait 1" or more than 1, before iPrefs.