English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.Killergorilla's WHD packs (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Slamtilt AGA requires Kickstart, but i got it! (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=34021)

cybermat 05 January 2008 01:15

Slamtilt AGA requires Kickstart, but i got it!

Hi all, i tried to start the whdload package of slamtilt AGA, and it returns to me the error 205... but i have all the kickstarts of AMINET in the right directory. It tells me "Object not found"

Who can help?

Thanks!

Galahad/FLT 05 January 2008 01:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by cybermat (Post 384261)
Hi all, i tried to start the whdload package of slamtilt AGA, and it returns to me the error 205... but i have all the kickstarts of AMINET in the right directory. It tells me "Object not found"

Who can help?

Thanks!

You've got the files from Aminet (which enables WHDLoad to correctly relocate the kickstart roms) but have you actually got a copy of your rom image as well?

cybermat 05 January 2008 01:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT (Post 384265)
You've got the files from Aminet (which enables WHDLoad to correctly relocate the kickstart roms) but have you actually got a copy of your rom image as well?

I didn't that... now i used this tool and obtained a kick , renamed. I have not this issue anymore.

The game still not play, after the "whdload intro" it comes back, but i think that i have to do many experiments! Thanks!

PS = i read this Grabkick in your guide... but sincerely i thought that every image of kickstart was fine... my fault! :banghead

Retro-Nerd 05 January 2008 02:07

You need this one:

Quote:

Kickstart v3.1 rev 40.68 (1993)(Commodore)(A1200)[!].rom
rename it to:

Quote:

kick40068.A1200

cybermat 05 January 2008 12:47

Hi,
i tried to rename the Kickstart, but i have the same behaviour like the manual mode.

Now i have no error message, i have the WHDLoad intro and continues to restart itself!

Anyway I installed Slamtilt manually, since i'm using Gamebase 1.5 i would have liked to run all these beautiful games from there.

cybermat 05 January 2008 13:29

I will try to start from a clean situation, and follow your suggestions!

killergorilla 05 January 2008 13:42

Do you have a whdload key file?

dlfrsilver 05 January 2008 14:02

Yay using whdload with a pirated key is not the right way to act >:/

cybermat 05 January 2008 14:15

I resolved! I reinstalled all , deleting all the directory present in Gamebase. Now when i start the game, using the suggested Kickstart, i have not any problem. The game starts with the notice of not registered key and it's all working fine.

I think to have messed up my configuration downloading a lot of packages from different forums.

cybermat 05 January 2008 14:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlfrsilver (Post 384346)
Yay using whdload with a pirated key is not the right way to act >:/

:nuts

I started to use this stuff 3 days ago, i downloaded a ready package from some forums. Just now i'm starting to know that there is an official site of WHDLoad, of KG games , this forum etc etc

And from your "pirated key" i went in the official site, and i read to buy the key for all these hours of work.

Ok no problem. I will buy the key. I didn't know :sad

killergorilla 05 January 2008 14:39

:D Yay!

Glad to hear you got it working.

WHDLOAD IS GOOD.

cybermat 06 January 2008 23:02

Just an update for the misbelieving users! Today i bought the key! :D

Winuae, Gamebase, WHDload, this site, KG and all Amiga's Community rulez! :D :D :D :D

Shoonay 06 January 2008 23:04

Great, finally! Welcome to the club! :)