English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Retrogaming General Discussion (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   7 Days, 7 Nights (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=38513)

Shoonay 06 August 2008 18:55

7 Days, 7 Nights

Here's another awesome foreign Amiga game, developed in AMOS, that requires it's very own thread! :D

This time, it's "7 Dni, 7 Noci" (czech) AKA "7 Dni, 7 Nocy" (polish) AKA "7 Days, 7 Nights" (english) by Bohewia Software.
It's a soft- adventure game. :D

Just look at this beauty! :D

Title screen
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/2...y1titleqi7.png

Intro
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/5...1intro1qw8.png

In Game
http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/329...ingame1yn9.png

Logan 06 August 2008 19:00

WOW. I never seen it before.
Can you describe story ??

Shoonay 06 August 2008 19:05

I don't remember much, sorry... something about a detective, an older guy wants something from him - to keep his daughter virginity or something. ;) And then you score her and other girls. :cheese
If you do have, try searching some old polish Amiga Computer Studio mags, I'm pretty sure they've review it. IIRC they've had a polish version even!

TCD 06 August 2008 19:11

The story sounds very interesting :agree :D Even if I will not understand a single word it will be fun to 'play' :p
Thanks for the info Shoon and thanks to maimai for the site where Shoon found the game ;)

Shoonay 06 August 2008 19:22

btw: getting this to work was a bit irritating, there's a font missing (should be named: topazKOI8CS, so I've just copied and renamed the original topaz like that) and a few assigns required, but, if anyone wants I can upload the quick&dirty hdf file I've just created with WB3.1 into TheZone! it *should* work ;)
Only 2,5MB 7zipped ;)

Dizzy 06 August 2008 19:23

We want you to translate it you lazy git :D

Logan 06 August 2008 19:24

Great :) I'm wait

TCD 06 August 2008 19:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5h00n4y (Post 441940)
btw: getting this to work was a bit irritating, there's a font missing (named: topazKOI8CS, so I've just copied and renamed the original topaz) and a few assigns required, so if anyone wants I can upload the hdf file I've just created with WB3.1 into TheZone! it *should* work ;)
Only 2,5MB 7zipped ;)

Up it for all the lazy ones (like me :D)

Shoonay 06 August 2008 19:28

upped :)

I used the Quickstart A1200 config with an extra 4MB RAM :cool
but, since the game is about 1MB, 2MB should be just fine

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dizzy (Post 441942)
We want you to translate it you lazy git :D

Sorry Dizz, like I said I'm not very good with written czech... ask Sensi. :cheese

Shoonay 06 August 2008 21:11

Right, so the story is about the richest guy in town asking you - the private detective, to guard his 7 daughters since he has to leave the town for the next week. He offers you a great amount of money, also gives you some in advance.
You immidiatly spend the money all on alcohol, and while being drunk make a bet with your friend - that you will score all of of the young ladies.

So, if anyone get's stuck, or doesn't know where to start, just ask here and we'll try to do something about it. ;)
Starting from tomorrow, I'm off for now...

olesio 10 August 2008 03:38

I uploaded to The Zone 7dni7nocy.zip file contains hdf with only needed files to run this game.
At startup you can choose to run long intro or just start new game without intro. And I have request
to some Czech dude(s) maybe you can translate this game to english? I seen a most of texts are
non crypted in files (Texty directory). I know the game was made in PL version on PC, but Amiga
version is better, but Czech language is not too similar to Polish like someone may think about it :)
Or maybe someone have contact with authors to ask about developing an english version if possible?

Btw, Sorry for my bad english

Shoonay 10 August 2008 11:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by olesio (Post 443801)
I uploaded to The Zone 7dni7nocy.zip file contains hdf with only needed files to run this game.

cool, i hope all the needed files are there ;)
Quote:

Originally Posted by olesio (Post 443801)
maybe you can translate this game to english?

shhh, if my current project will be a success, i've already spoken with some people... but, shhhhh... :D

TCD 10 August 2008 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5h00n4y (Post 443843)
shhh, if my current project will be a success, i've already spoken with some people... but, shhhhh... :D

Shhhh, just wanted to say :great, and now I shut up again... ;)

Galahad/FLT 10 August 2008 12:13

Like most Polish games, it looks like a pile of crap!

Have there been any good Polish games?

Shoonay 10 August 2008 12:20

Actuall, it's czech... :rolleyes

Yeah, you're right, like all the other amiga games have photo-realistic hdtv quality cgi graphics :rolleyes

... you really don't remember why do we still play those games, do you?

But here's a solution for you: don't play it!

See what I did there?
Problem solved. :cool

---=== EDITED ===---
And why would I ever need to anwser that question when you've obviously taking the prejudgement approach...

Galahad/FLT 10 August 2008 13:17

Firstly, i'm no language expert, so as for it being czech is largely irrelevant.

And I did make the point of asking the question : "Have there been any good Polish games?", you could instead have said 'yes' or 'no' or given links to any good Polish/Czech games, but instead went onto the rather odd tangent of :"And why would I ever need to anwser that question when you've obviously taking the prejudgement approach..."

See what you did there? Didn't read the question thats what you didn't do. ;)

As for the CGI/HD comments, that in itself is a stupid observation as your game here is most likely from the 1994 era when a lot of Czech/Polish stuff was released, and in comparison, quite a bit of the stuff still being released on Amiga in that era would most definately looked to be CGI/HD in comparison!

So, any decent Czech/Polish games then?

StingRay 10 August 2008 13:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5h00n4y (Post 443850)

Yeah, you're right, like all the other amiga games have photo-realistic hdtv quality cgi graphics :rolleyes

But many other Amiga games have at least good graphics. :) When I saw the screenshots of this game here the first that came to my mind was "WTF? That's one ugly game!" :D

TCD 10 August 2008 13:24

'Wacus - The Detective' is a very nice polish platformer and it also has very decent graphics :agree

Shoonay 10 August 2008 13:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT (Post 443862)
[...] from the 1994 [...]

One word: AMOS
I'd also guess: lack of time, ALSO, decreasing popularity of Amiga, haste and a tiny bit of HOPE, that at least 20 people would buy that ;)
You know, from that year on, it was getting harder and harder to release anything...

Quote:

No idea, seriously, I like it, but I guess you could call every other polish game as crap like that...
You've really asked the wrong person, you should asked someone non-polish ;)

mailman 10 August 2008 16:56

Quote:

Everybody has a different taste but I think that some decent or maybe even high standard represents:

Alfabet śmierci
Astral
Cytadela
Desert Wolf
Doman
Eskadra
Kajko i Kokosz
Kwatermaster
Lost in Mine
Lazarus
Mr. Tomato
Pechowy Prezent