English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.Apps (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Attempting to make myself a After Install CD for 3.2... (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=107546)

slaapliedje 05 July 2021 21:15

Attempting to make myself a After Install CD for 3.2...

So far, I figure I can install it, and get the CD-ROM to read. After this, I need drivers, and utilities to at least get on the network, then afterward I figured I can copy over whatever I need, either via samba, or IBrowse.

So here's what I have so far, most of which are drivers. Am I missing anything critical?

1) lha.run (no idea why 3.2 doesn't seem to come with an unarc or lha program...)
2) MUI
3) Poseidon (for the RapidRoad/X-Surf 100
4) Fat95 (for USB)
5) Roadshow
6) Indivision Monitor / HighGFX
7) Mediator drivers
8) P96 (which ironically Individual computers wants to call it P96, but their download is still Picasso96.lha)
9) WarpUp 4.0 + 5.1 update
10) Warp3D
11) ppclibemu
12) AHI + GhostMix
13) IBrowse + WarpDT
14) smbfs
15) WHDLoad
16) WHDLoad Kickstart files.
17) key files.
18) Mouse Wheel driver.
19) MagicWB

My hardware is: Amiga 4000, Cyberstorm MKIII/PPC, Mediator, Voodoo 3, SB128, X-Surf 100, BigRAM 256, and Indivision AGA MK1.

This should get me the beginning setup so then I can pull things off the network though. Just figured I'd ask advice before I start Burning disks!

Thanks!

nogginthenog 06 July 2021 10:23

Don't forget the 68060.library.

RoadShow + smbfs can fit on a bootable floppy. Handy for emergencies.

crazyc 06 July 2021 11:20

I suppose I use DOPUS on my core setup as well.

I have yet to move my 3.2 setup to my towered a1200 (with mediator etc) so am watching this with interest. Do you use a ratte switch? If so dont forget the little startup utility for that.

Jope 06 July 2021 14:50

Fat95 isn't strictly always needed, the included crossdosfilesystem can also be used.

slaapliedje 06 July 2021 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyc (Post 1494380)
I suppose I use DOPUS on my core setup as well.

I have yet to move my 3.2 setup to my towered a1200 (with mediator etc) so am watching this with interest. Do you use a ratte switch? If so dont forget the little startup utility for that.

This is the first I've heard of this! I should get one. I have just a little VGA switch box that I've used with the TT and Amigas.

slaapliedje 06 July 2021 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by nogginthenog (Post 1494366)
Don't forget the 68060.library.

RoadShow + smbfs can fit on a bootable floppy. Handy for emergencies.

I've wondered what's better, just to install the MMULibs from 3.2, or to install the ones from the Cyberstorm install disk. I have both as floppy images, so not really needed in the setup CD, and are done basically first thing before I hit the CD, and after initial install.

Ha, that would be handy to have Roadshow + smbfs on a boot floppy. Would the X-Surf driver fit on that as well? I'm guessing so? I'll have to look into that one for sure!

crazyc 06 July 2021 17:51

My monitor can take amiga via signals directly from the rgb socket on the back, so I actually output my indy mk2 into vga as input one on the rate switch, then the voodoo 3 as input 2, and the output goes to my monitor. There is a little signal that the utility generates that tells the switch when to switch. It means I don't need to manually change inputs on my monitor.
Screen goes black for a second then comes back up.
Its a bit of a roundabout solution but works for me.