English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Amiga scene (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   PaperSwing: New Amiga game in Develop (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=96307)

sandruzzo 13 February 2019 07:16

PaperSwing: New Amiga game in Develop

Hi,

I'm working on a game like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q-RCCSbxBo

Game Engine is allmost done,currently I'm working on Menu. We'll Hve two game mode: arcade and story.

We have parallax 3 layers, one made by sprites like I did with Rygar. I would like to have at least 128 colors on screen.

We need a Help to do gfx for both game and menu. Someone is willing to help us?

This game we'll be "sold" at 3,0 euro. The idea is to star a good group that will release a good looking and good playing game.:great

my email is: sandro.digaia@gmail.com

Tigerskunk 13 February 2019 07:44

What happened to Proxima3?

sandruzzo 13 February 2019 08:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steril707 (Post 1304379)
What happened to Proxima3?

Stopped for a while, since overworking of Invent

sokolovic 13 February 2019 08:15

I've sent an e-mail to you.

invent 13 February 2019 11:27

@Steril707, Sandruzzo has a good reason to stop for the moment, I'm 95% time into Iridium while our Kickstarter is slowly moving forward.

I haven't stopped with ProXima3, but as Sandruzzo says, I'm working my bu** off with Iridium, this will continue till at least the release date. I will dribble out more pixels, my plan is to spend about 2 hours a week on ProXima3 (my Patreon will show updates)

I hope people can help Sandruzzo with this, he already has a great demo running with constant refinements. I did do some concept art for it but if we have other pixel artists please help here if you can (happy to supply source files what I have done for PaperSwing)

Tigerskunk 16 February 2019 18:33

It's news like this, that make me happy I am doing both, graphics and coding... :D
Even if it takes twice as much time... ;)

Wish you success with your endeavours, guys. Proxima looks so amazing, would be sad to lose this game....

sandruzzo 21 February 2020 06:53

Paperswing demo is just being put into the ZONE!. Unfortunatelly I don't have any gfx, since I was left down. All is almost there.

sandruzzo 21 February 2020 06:54

PaperSwing: Release first demo

Paperswing demo is just being put into the ZONE!. Unfortunatelly I don't have any gfx, since I was left down. All is almost there.

In the final game, we have 2 time of playing: Story and Arcade mode.

Arcade mode: wind, gravity and rope swing is fixed.
Story mode: player can choice rope swing

manossg 21 February 2020 11:09

Looks cool!

nikosidis 21 February 2020 12:42

This kind of game can be cool.
Any chance for 2 player? Split screen?

Something like Speedrunners would be very cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5D1oV5N5GM

sandruzzo 21 February 2020 18:29

So far One player, maybe After This I can do Paperswing 2 on Aga, Hires, with all this suggestions. Now I'm using 3 way parallax, I need only 2 type of tiles: one for arcade mode and other for story mode.

robinsonb5 21 February 2020 21:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandruzzo (Post 1380442)

That's really cool - well done! I've just spent a fun few minutes playing with it. (I think it needs to be harder, though!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikosidis
This kind of game can be cool.
Any chance for 2 player? Split screen?

Something like Speedrunners would be very cool.

Wow - that looks like great fun - something of that nature should be within the Amiga's reach, too.

saimon69 22 February 2020 04:05

Did you ever heard from the author of Chips? That is another project stuck... (and i know, since i made soundtrack for both)

sandruzzo 22 February 2020 04:08

@robinsonb5

Any idea about howto make it hard would be very appreciated!

@saimon69

Zero!

Tsak 22 February 2020 04:19

@Sandruzzo: Nice work!

Here's a few stuff you can do for a start:

1) place pillars to jump to, at different distances from your position (some closer, some further)
2) Make pillars to jump to have different heights
3) Place start position at different heights
4) Add obstacles (like f.e. reverse placed pillars) so that there's only a small opening to fit into

With the above tweaks make sure that a jump is always possible to the next pillar on all wind conditions and pillar heights/placements.

sandruzzo 22 February 2020 04:21

@Tsak

Goods! Thanks. I hope to get some good gfx too, since I would like to have at least hundre colors on screen!

sandruzzo 22 February 2020 04:28

Even menu' is ready to rock and roll

nikosidis 22 February 2020 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by robinsonb5 (Post 1380626)
Wow - that looks like great fun - something of that nature should be within the Amiga's reach, too.

It is a lot of fun. One of the better games I played recent years. Like you say. This kind of game can very well be done on Amiga. Just not that high resolution but that should not take much away from the game.<br />
<br />
Quote:

Originally Posted by sandruzzo (Post 1380676)
Even menu' is ready to rock and roll

Where can the demo be downloaded?

sandruzzo 22 February 2020 14:06

Demo can de downloaded here in The Zone!

sandruzzo 25 February 2020 21:41

Working on improve game logic. I hope to get gfx to finish this project.