English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.Games (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Stuck in Ambermoon (EN 1.07) (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=21226)

dAb 13 December 2005 21:35

Stuck in Ambermoon (EN 1.07)

Hi there,

it's been a looong time since my last visit here. Sounds like my old account is no more active, oh well, whatever.

I'm playing Ambermoon, great game, but I'm stuck in the guild of thieves level under the tavern: is there a way to grab the box in the well? As soon as I approach it a window appears and says "there's a box in the well but it is out of your reach" or something like that. I've already tried to use the rope but the game replies with a "you cannot climb up here!". Actually, I need to climb down. Umm.. how?

Thank you in advance.

alexh 14 December 2005 10:37

If you cannot get to the box, perhaps the box can come to you?

Have you ever heard of the Archimedian principle?

Try to raise the water level.

Rocks or stones?

dAb 14 December 2005 13:18

D'OH! I'm an idiot, there's a clear hint in the fable of the thirsty bird..

Thanks!

kriz 14 December 2005 15:51

Cool hint Alexh!

dAb 15 December 2005 20:33

Umm another question: how do I train a mage? Nelvin joined the party with ~40 training points, but he's able to reach only 35% of attack and parring. Also, what are the R-M and U-M skills?

Shoonay 15 December 2005 21:07

Sorry for getting with'em boots into Your thread dAb, but what i find very annoying in AmberMoon is i don't know how to level-up... maybe i'm just too used to the build-up system in jRPG's (since 1999 ;))... about a year (or two) ago i was getting into AmberMoon, and WOWZERZ!!! GREAT GAME!!! After a few hints here and there (could'nt even start - i wasn't aware of the torch needed in the Grandpa's cellar :rolleyes) i got somewhere to the point i could describe as the Mages tower near the swamp, with (unbeatable!? :confused) zombies and stuff... (you happen to recognize that location alexh?) ...that was it... after a few [push the "cross" (or was it a grave?) to open door] puzzles i get to the point, with way to hard zombie enemies that i can't kill... ... any hint on leveling?
... some special way to kill them?
... advices for the future?

dAb 15 December 2005 22:06

Gosh I'm at the same point, do you mean the crypt near the alchemist tower? There's a couple of banshee I can't kill even with a 8th level warrior and a 12th level adventurer. Maybe I need a little help from the mage, so the question above can be stated in the following form: "how the hell do I kill a banshee with a mage??"

Shoonay 15 December 2005 23:20

Yup, yup, yup! i think that's the location and those are the enemies! :agree Banshee's are like unbeatable godammit! :mad :nuts
Can't remember what levels my characters have, but i'm sure they're pretty much the same... i've tried to level up (kinda :D) by killing all those uhmmm... bandits in the ...uhmmm... can't remember the names... the city/village located after grandpa's house... but after killing a few there was no more enemies :sad... and a try to fight those green orks/goblins/whatever is always lost... sheesh... it's a REALLY nice game with a huge world to explore a mass of quests (...a few errors here and there in the ENG version ;))... but i just can't find the "scheme" for this game :crying...

dAb 16 December 2005 00:18

You can't kill an ork? Sounds like you haven't been in the bandit's house yet, you first need to retrieve all four horseshoes from them. You'll find A LOT of enemies there.

dAb 18 December 2005 02:12

Woo-hoo I did it! With undeads you have to use the holy horn, it sucks them away in a poof! Still I don't know how to train a mage.. also, how do I ride a horse?

alexh 19 December 2005 10:47

The Mage School is in Burnville.

Erm riding horses is like a fundamental part of the game, you walk you party over to the horse. Right click (?) on the panel to bring up the icons with the save disk, talk etc. One of them is a mount / dismount icon! Easy as that!

dAb 19 December 2005 12:18

Thank you alexh, now I'm stuck again in the Burnville tunnel. How do I open the door at the end of the tunnel? I do have the Burnville key but where the heck do I use it?

'bout the horse.. erm.. d'oh!

alexh 19 December 2005 14:39

I never wrote down anything about where to put the key, so I am guessing it's just plain obvious.

dAb 19 December 2005 17:22

But there's no keyhole at all O.o

I tried to use the key in front of the door but "This item cannot be used here".. btw, near the orc cave there's a tree where I found a weird stone. I was just clicking around like a fool and suddendly I found this stone but how do I supposed to know I'd find it there? No one told me, at least no one I talked yet.

alexh 19 December 2005 18:33

Lady Heidi in Spannenburg gives you some hints as to where to find the Triangular Stone.

Put the save in the Zone (ORC tunnel near the door) and I'll investigate.

dAb 19 December 2005 18:51

Hmm how does the Zone works? Sounds like it's forbidden to me. Anyway, here it is.

Thank you for your time!

Edit: oh ok, I read the faq.. zone joined!

dAb 25 December 2005 15:58

Nevermind, I did it. I was trying to use the key directly in front of the door instead of using it in the keyhole at the unlocking screen. Shame on me. Hmm now I need to train Valdyn.

dAb 26 December 2005 02:57

Stuck again.. I'm in Newlake crypt, am I supposed to find Shandra's tomb in here? If so, where the heck is it?

dAb 26 December 2005 19:48

Found it! But guess what, I'm stuck again. How do I reach the Tarbos temple? I can't get past the waves..

dAb 26 December 2005 21:13

There's a VERY annoying bug in the witchs house cellar. I answer to the riddlemouth, the wall disappears, then part of the ceiling falls down and seals the cellar. The wall reappears and I'm stuck in the middle of the texture! What should I do now? I heard of the jump spell to get rid of a similar bug in Luminor tower, but no member of my party knows this spell yet..