English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Amiga scene (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   iGame v2 - A well known Amiga game launcher ( New Build! ) (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=94347)

coldacid 10 September 2020 03:57

@Mikerochip: It should load and save automatically to the CSV file. If there's problems with that, please report them on GitHub so that they can be ironed out. The CSV code is fairly new, but it does work faster than the original games list code. https://github.com/MrZammler/iGame/issues/new

@ransom1122: iGame requires guigfx.library, render.library, MCC_TextEditor, and MCC_Guigfx. All of these are on Aminet. By the way, that link is ancient, where'd you get it from? The proper link, for at least a year now if not longer, is http://winterland.no-ip.org/igame/files.html

ransom1122 10 September 2020 06:51

@coldacid
I was using the link on post #31, This link above seems to work ok now. Thank you..

Is there any difference between link above and the one on #31 in github ( iGame/iGame_rel/iGame-2020-09-04.lha) ?

The one above doesn't have 030 040 versions, but the github one does, yet i couldn't get the guthub one to work?

Mikerochip 10 September 2020 12:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldacid (Post 1426887)
If there's problems with that, please report them on GitHub

Done.

falken 10 September 2020 13:08

Interestingly in the latest version (iGame-2020-09-04.lha), it puts beta 4 instead of beta 6.

coldacid 10 September 2020 14:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by ransom1122 (Post 1426891)
@coldacid
I was using the link on post #31, This link above seems to work ok now. Thank you..

Is there any difference between link above and the one on #31 in github ( iGame/iGame_rel/iGame-2020-09-04.lha) ?

The one above doesn't have 030 040 versions, but the github one does, yet i couldn't get the guthub one to work?

Post #31 is just a link to the latest release, not the broken link to the old iGame site. The current iGame site doesn't include any of the 2.0 betas on it, though, so I suggest using the packages from GitHub. (That reminds me, walkero and I probably need to talk with MrZammler about using GitHub's releases system instead of committing releases into the repository itself.)

Regarding the 030 and 040 binaries, I wouldn't know what to say. Since I hack on iGame, I build my own binaries so that I can try out the functionality I'm working on, instead of using the packages available. I can tell you that my own builds for 040 and OS4 PPC work fine, not that that helps you.

coldacid 10 September 2020 14:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by falken (Post 1426931)
Interestingly in the latest version (iGame-2020-09-04.lha), it puts beta 4 instead of beta 6.

Yeah, that's an artifact of how the release builds are currently done by MrZammler. Hopefully we can move to walkero's build system for releases soon, which avoids this issue.

ransom1122 11 September 2020 01:14

What is the latest version of igame that works where it doesnt take years to scan a game, im seeing multiple links from various sites/github/devs..

v1.5 http://winterland.no-ip.org/igame/files.html Still takes a very long time to scan for games...

Storm 11 September 2020 06:09

I normally like to add games manually rather than scan for then due to being fussy with they way the actual titles are displayed. In the CSV file what do the numbers at the end mean eg. 0,15,0,0?

mrv2k 11 September 2020 18:57

The numbers are... favorite, times played, last played & hidden

Storm 12 September 2020 10:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrv2k (Post 1427156)
The numbers are... favorite, times played, last played & hidden

Thanks for the info. Looking back at the original files I should have seen that :crazy

walkero 12 September 2020 12:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by ransom1122 (Post 1427063)
What is the latest version of igame that works where it doesnt take years to scan a game, im seeing multiple links from various sites/github/devs..

For now, the github repo files are always the latest. We now work to update every website with updated information to reduce the confusion. The upcoming v2 will be released on aminet as well and will be as stable as possible.

We want to have more frequent releases in the future, were we will remove all the current known issues, and add more features. So, if something doesn't work for you or you have a feature request, feel free to add them at github issues.

Aardvark 13 September 2020 00:47

I would like to see an option to completely disable stats saving (timesplayed= and lastplayed=). Also a menu option to open games drawer and WHDLoad ReadMe file would be very handy.

Excellent speed improvement over the last version. My gamelist with 2974 entries loads much faster.

Radertified 16 September 2020 04:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aardvark (Post 1427335)
I would like to see an option to completely disable stats saving (timesplayed= and lastplayed=).

I second this. I'd like to run iGame from a read-only drive. At the moment I have it saving stats only on exit, which kinda works because when I'm done playing, I can turn off the Amiga to avoid stats saving.

-----

Question: Does iGame support "profiles"?

I'd love to be able to have different profiles such as "Games", "Demos", etc. At the moment the only ways to do this would be:

- Have many iGame installations, each with their own gameslist.csv.
- or create a shell script that deletes "gameslist.csv" and then copies "gameslist_demos.csv" to "gameslist.csv" if I want demos, and "gameslist_games.csv" to "gameslist.csv" if I want games, etc.

If profiles aren't yet a thing, maybe a command line parameter or tooltype where we can define the gameslist file to use? For example:

iGame CSV=dh0:igame/gameslist_demo.csv

I might be the only person that wants this though, so maybe not worth the hassle at all :)

vulture 16 September 2020 07:39

Actually, I've needed this since forever and never thought I'd ask! That'd be truly useful to have.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radertified (Post 1427997)
I second this. I'd like to run iGame from a read-only drive. At the moment I have it saving stats only on exit, which kinda works because when I'm done playing, I can turn off the Amiga to avoid stats saving.

-----

I'd love to be able to have different profiles such as "Games", "Demos", etc. At the moment the only ways to do this would be:

- or create a shell script that deletes "gameslist.csv" and then copies "gameslist_demos.csv" to "gameslist.csv" if I want demos, and "gameslist_games.csv" to "gameslist.csv" if I want games, etc.

If profiles aren't yet a thing, maybe a command line parameter or tooltype where we can define the gameslist file to use? For example:

I might be the only person that wants this though, so maybe not worth the hassle at all :)

wiz12 16 September 2020 14:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radertified (Post 1427997)

I would also like to see an option (maybe in the form of tabs) to select between Games, Demos and Games (Beta & Unreleased) rather than having them all mixed together in one large list.

coldacid 16 September 2020 22:22

We don't have profiles at this time (categories are about it) but the ability to open the game drawer is present in 2.0b6. It's in the menu as Game->Open Game Dir.

walkero 16 September 2020 22:48

It is funny. I was discussing the "profiles" feature a few weeks ago with the original developer of iGame, because I had the same idea. This is something that we can implement in future versions of iGame, and we are going to have that as an open discussion on the github page.

But feel free to add your ideas at https://github.com/MrZammler/iGame/issues
We try to see and categorize every issue there, and also add them on a milestone roadmap. This way we all know when a feature will be available. And the v2.0 is close.

walkero 25 September 2020 01:36

A new version of iGame 2.0b7 was released at https://github.com/MrZammler/iGame/releases/tag/v2.0b7.
If no more bugs are reported, then a new v2 stable is going to be released after a few days.

Added
- Changelog file

Changed
- Fully updated iGame.guide file
- Changed the menu item name "Add non-WHDLoad game..." to "Add game.." to be more precise, since from that you can add WHDLoad games as well

Fixed
- Fixed a problem with saving of the CSV file when the old gameslist file had empty genres
- Fixed "Show Favorites" on startup which was not working under AmigaOS 3 with MUI 5
- Fixed the release version and the date on about window
- Fixed the installer that was complaining about missing locale/catalogs folder

wiz12 25 September 2020 13:46

Thanks for the update but for some reason I get "zeros" at the beginning of the games list even after "scanning repositories". Selecting the properties on one of these zeros causes a suspend reboot error message.

walkero 25 September 2020 19:03

@wiz12
That is mostly weird. Was it happenning with the previous 2.0b6 version as well? Would you like to send me the gameslist and gameslist.csv file?