English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   MarketPlace (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   little lost.... (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=70050)

buschi 15 July 2013 13:53

little lost....

hi there everyone!!!

i am looking to sell my amiga 1200 also comes with a commodore 1084S-D2 Monitor,games,extra drive,mice two of them...3 joysticks,workbench and paint programs...printer canon bubblejet bj10 sx...all cables power and so on...

i have no idea how much any of it works but have seen on places like ebay it could bring in good money....any help on how and where i could sell this with out ebay snatching stupid amounts for fees would be great!!!!

the commodore is in great condition..no yellowing the monitor and printer have a little yellowing...i can post pics if anybody would like to see it all

as i said many thanks for any help!!!

(also sorry if this is in the wrong section)

new here :)

DDNI 15 July 2013 14:07

Hi and welcome to EAB.
First things first, don't sell it! Set it up and use it. EAB will help get you up and running.

If you really must sell, then you should try Amibay. http://www.amibay.com/
Set a price and wait for buyers. No fees!

If I were selling your rig, I would set a price of £80. It may sell quicker if you split the A1200 apart from the Monitor and Printer. The A1200 should get £55.

Good luck

buschi 15 July 2013 14:12

hello and thanks!!

i was thinking of keeping it for a while longer but to be honest i simply dont have time to sit and game or do anything with it for that matter!!!
just would like to pass it on so someone else can have some good ol retro times

i looked at the going prices on ebay the 1200's were fetching more than 55..a couple went for 60-90 a broken one went for 94!!!

and to be honest mine is in alot better condition than those being shifted on ebay...

any idea what kind of price for the monitor?

thanks for your help!!!!!!!!! :)

DDNI 15 July 2013 14:16

Yes you can see lots of prices on ebay. ;)
My prices are based on what I would pay and expect to get for your gear.
Feel free to pitch in at Amibay with a higher price, you may well get it.

Monitor prices are tough. They have value, but shipping is a killer. If it is good shape, £20.

buschi 15 July 2013 14:25

ok cool thanks for the info!!!!!!

will see what kind of offers i can get from there...if not off to ebay they go lol

sad to see it go tbh!!!

DDNI 15 July 2013 14:30

Don't forget, Amibay requires you to set a price. It isn't a bidding site.

buschi 15 July 2013 16:15

Ok thanks a lot!!!!!

Phantom 15 July 2013 16:19

The Department of Psychology in York University did the above test in nearly 1000 Amigans around the world a couple of years ago. 999 of them, regretted the moment they sold their Amiga.

Good luck. :)

buschi 15 July 2013 22:16

Hahaha....I know in one way I will regret selling it....but I still have a 500 I can get my hands on if the urge gets to much....

TTD 08 August 2013 19:05

Have you any idea what you will get for the a1200 if the a1200 is Commodores original one (PAL) not NTSC.
Then I could be attempt to buy it, but send it to Denmark with all the stuff would be expensive.
I could do bank transfer I would pay around £125 (included sending) but I must wait a month or two.

Kin Hell 08 August 2013 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by DDNI (Post 900029)
....<snip>....

If you really must sell, then you should try Amibay. http://www.amibay.com/
Set a price and wait for buyers. No fees!

....<snip>....

@TTD

Whilst there are no Fees charged by AmiBay, the purchaser will still have to pay PayPal fees if they use their service. The buyer can avoid the PayPal fees if they make a "Gift" payment to you, but if this method is utilised & something goes wrong with the transaction, there is no support from PayPal to resolve the matter.

@ thread

For those not aware: If you make a Gift payment to anyone via PayPal & don't have the amount in your PayPal account, you have to pay a small fee to use your PayPal assigned Bank Account/Credit card in order to complete the Gift payment. ;)

scrappysphinx 08 August 2013 22:11

Hey Kinny, long time no speak. I've made lots of gift payments (to people i've traded with and built up some trust) and there is no fee if you use a paypal balance or direct bank funding (at least with my account). If you use your debit/credit card then theres a small fee :)

Kin Hell 08 August 2013 22:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappysphinx (Post 904029)
Hey Kinny, long time no speak. I've made lots of gift payments (to people i've traded with and built up some trust) and there is no fee if you use a paypal balance or direct bank funding (at least with my account). If you use your debit/credit card then theres a small fee :)

Yo Scraps. You're dead right & it is all down to trust @ the end of the day. I made a Gift Payment to Severin on here for some SCSI drives. The account I used was a Santander Account which has a Debit VISA card registered with PayPal, but they still took a fee because I had no funds showing on the PayPal account.

Perhaps it was because Santander are better known as a Building Society? :spin

FOL 09 August 2013 01:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kin Hell (Post 904031)
Perhaps it was because Santander are better known as a Building Society? :spin

Really, Abbey changed to a bank when I was a kid, :).

Kin Hell 09 August 2013 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by FOL (Post 904056)
Really, Abbey changed to a bank when I was a kid, :).

Aye FOL. Tbh, it's all a pile of bs....