English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Retrogaming General Discussion (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Amiga Launcher need a volunteers (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=60426)

synchro 05 August 2011 02:51

Amiga Launcher need a volunteers

Hi guys !!

Like my C64-X launcher im playing with and amiga one for the collection....
this is just a tester could any volunteers try it for me pls...

No install required its just a runner....Works on my machine but need some independant testing :help

( CTRL AND F11) to exit the games !!

Do you think there will be a call for it ?
BTW....Still playing with colours for the menu :nervous

[Link removed]

DDNI 05 August 2011 07:10

Damocles on the first page! You get my vote ;)

synchro 05 August 2011 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by DDNI (Post 771119)
Damocles on the first page! You get my vote ;)

Yep !! even by todays standards people do not realise how big and how many planets and moons you could explore.

But one question...did the demo work ok for you ??

DDNI 05 August 2011 20:16

Hi,

No the demo loaded the main screen. I click on a game and WinUAE starts but just sits at the prefs screen.

narud17 05 August 2011 20:39

Sort of the same thing mine sits at workbench hand screen. Can I ask why your using an older version of winuae or is it me?

Lurch666 05 August 2011 21:09

Windows 7 64 bit-goes into winuae setup screen,clicking on start boots to workbench 1.3 insert disk hand.

Must say I am looking forward to this-the c64 one you did was great.

synchro 05 August 2011 22:50

Hmmm wierd.....works on some but not on others ?

I am using the latest version ...tried it on 2 laptops....and another pc before uploading it....bit stumped now..why oh why would it do that on some machines....gonna have to get pissed now to work it out,,

Quote:

Originally Posted by narud17 (Post 771231)
Sort of the same thing mine sits at workbench hand screen. Can I ask why your using an older version of winuae or is it me?

No its not you.....i may have to make it into a proper installer like the c64x to try properly....when i do thati would appreciate you guys trying it again

PaulyQ 05 August 2011 23:49

Giving this a wallop now for you mate.............

just goes to WinUae Screen(doesn;t pass over a disk image to WinUAE...i.e. blank HDD or FDD whichever method you are using) same as Lurch666, I'm on win7 64bit.

synchro 06 August 2011 11:20

Just uploaded a new version with an installer...and uninstaller...

For some reason that little autorun prog doesnt always find the configs

Can you give this one a try pls guys
Hopefully this will work !!

johnim 06 August 2011 12:10

hi mate it just opens winuae when you click on a game without any disks loaded

synchro 06 August 2011 13:51

Ok i have worked out that if you already have winuae installed already it wont work ..
Can anyone confirm they already have that ??

I have gone for insperation from the MIGHTY CREATOR who has helped me before...THE GOD...THE MAN...WINUAE'S DADDY !!

If no luck there i will keep playing

PaulyQ 08 August 2011 00:38

WinUAE installed here mate

Lurch666 08 August 2011 00:46

Yep I already got winuae installed as well.

synchro 08 August 2011 00:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulyQ (Post 771556)
WinUAE installed here mate

Hopefully all sorted now if ya wanna try the demo again :)

Adding shed loads to this one its gonna be a big installer though
Thanks guys for trying it.....it all helps

Lurch666 08 August 2011 15:27

Just tried the new one and it works great.Played two games without problems.Don't care how big it gets just the best way to lay amiga games at the moment.I know how to configure and use winuae but its great being able to just click & play.Thanks again.

PaulyQ 08 August 2011 15:55

Excellent, and now awaiting for the new bigger and better version. Excellent work!!

you know... I wouldn't mind trying to do something like this with the Amstrad 464 or Speccy... what tools are you using ?

PaulyQ 08 August 2011 16:54

quick question.. why WinUAE v2.0.0 ??

could it not be even sweeter looking using one of the more recent versions and using a bezel of an amiga monitor?

synchro 08 August 2011 20:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulyQ (Post 771661)
quick question.. why WinUAE v2.0.0 ??

could it not be even sweeter looking using one of the more recent versions and using a bezel of an amiga monitor?

Ok a quick explanation....The amiga has so many different configs for different games and so many machines that no one has really successfully made an all in one launcher. you have "Gamebase Amiga" and you have "Amiga launcher" for arcade cabinates They both need to installed and setup on every different PC they go on..there is no default to run all games

This launcher works the same as the C64-X Version.....install...point and click
all games will work...on any PC....nothing for you to alter unless you want to.

Why use version 2.0.0 ??

I tried the very latest i found it required runtime updates from microsoft when you tried to launch it ( not a bad thing ) but for what was required to play the games the updates were needless...If you have the updates already on your winuae then great...if you dont then the games and workbench will run perfectly with this version. I did not want users clicking on a game then finding they had to wait to put updates on there machine first.

Whatever game you are playing at any time you can press F12 and configure that one particular game to what.ever preference you want without effecting the others on the launcher

Not sure what you mean about the Bezel thing ? Did you mean the menu or when the game loads and you play ?

Making this work on my pc is easy....but to make it work on thousands of other machine setups out there that i have never seen takes some thought and i really do try to consider everything for everyone.

I use Paintshop....autoplay menu studio....install creator pro

Also Whatever emu i an intergrate to make it work....ie Vice was the only one for c64 which also covers plus/4 vic 20/ 128 etc so if one works i kow the others will use the same command line paramiters....Winuae for the amiga ( WINFELLOW COULD NOT BE USED ) so it will pay to get familier with the studio first to know what is possible using command line paramiters.

PaulyQ 08 August 2011 22:14

re: Bezels...

In WinUAE 2.3.x you can use Overlays so that your screen looks like it is a retro amiga monitor....

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...=overlay+bezel

See the above thread.

TCD 08 August 2011 22:27

Please read this carefully synchro : http://eab.abime.net/faq.php?faq=eab..._ks_wb_faqitem
Unless you remove those files from your launcher, please don't ask for help here again. Thanks.