English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Amiga scene (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Black Dawn Rebirth Deluxe edition and Expansion announced (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=105090)

timeslip1974 21 December 2020 12:51

Black Dawn Rebirth Deluxe edition and Expansion announced

Black Dawn news! we are pleased to announce that Black Dawn Rebirth is now available on itch.io here
https://timeslip1974.itch.io/black-dawn-rebirth-deluxe...

And more importantly is available in a deluxe edition with a recently bug fixed final game ( included in the deluxe edition for free) along with a new map editor and all source code for the game included) - Make you own Black Dawn levels! rip apart my code and make your own Dungeon Crawler!

As well as Black Dawn Rebirths move to Itch.io with the Deluxe edition we are pleased to announce Black Dawn - Rogue
An expansion disk for BDR that takes the concepts of the most recent Black Dawn game and moving away from the story mode we`ve added a procedurally generated dungeon mode where you decend into the depths of a new dungeon every playthrough fighting ever stronger monsters in an attempt to destroy the dungeon and escape with your lives!

We are looking for (hopefully) a Q1 2021 release in both physical and digital editions....

More News to Follow!

DamienD 21 December 2020 13:21

Nice, cool stuff ;)

NeoHippie2016 21 December 2020 18:27

Wow, great! :shocked :spin :great

manossg 21 December 2020 18:29

Good news! Looking forward to the Black Dawn - Rogue (I hope the level up limit will be lifted for that), as well as the first custom dungeons from the map editor!

utri007 21 December 2020 18:51

Bought this, but what this means "3D movement effects available for faster Amiga."?

saimon69 21 December 2020 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by utri007 (Post 1447563)
Bought this, but what this means "3D movement effects available for faster Amiga."?

In Black Dawn if you have acceleration is possible to have movements between cells interpolated so will look smoother

Spookyy 22 December 2020 10:56

I bought this and this must be a beta version? strange numbers showing top left of screen.

timeslip1974 22 December 2020 13:47

Thats my fault - on the inital upload to itch i`d inadvertantly left the debug info on - If you redown you`ll get the correct version....sorry!

Spookyy 22 December 2020 14:07

Thanks!

DamienD 02 January 2021 21:42

Hmmm, maybe I'm reading all the related pages wrong.

Is the Deluxe version a free download for people that already purchased Black Dawn Rebirth?

If so, I can't find where to download.

NeoHippie2016 03 January 2021 00:25

@DamienD: i've bought the original game in the past, too. And for the Deluxe Edition i can't find a free download, too. In this case above i've payed the price on itch.io.

DamienD 03 January 2021 02:45

Yeah, it's not much to pay so no big deal ;)

It's just that I read somewhere that Deluxe version is a free for people that have purchased Black Dawn Rebirth; that's all.

timeslip1974 23 February 2021 07:23

Hi There DamienD, the deluxe version itself isnt free, but the base version is now free (on itch.io) I`ve made it free just so that everyone who wants to play Black Dawn Rogue doesnt have to by Rebirth as well ( since it shares assets)

Predseda 23 February 2021 08:41

Is Rogue goinng to be released also somehow physical, or download only?

We are going more like Lockdown Rebirth here :(

DamienD 23 February 2021 13:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by timeslip1974 (Post 1464537)
Hi There DamienD, the deluxe version itself isnt free, but the base version is now free (on itch.io) I`ve made it free just so that everyone who wants to play Black Dawn Rogue doesnt have to by Rebirth as well ( since it shares assets)

Hi timeslip1974,

I don't expect anything for free and purchased "Black Dawn Rebirth" when it was released.

I'm think I'm getting confused here...

You are soon to release a new expansion called "Black Dawn Rogue", which I will purchase upon release.

So, what is "Black Dawn Rebirth Deluxe"; is it another update to "Black Dawn Rebirth"? Somewhere it was said that it's just the "level editor".

Predseda 23 February 2021 13:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1464592)
Hi timeslip1974,

I don't expect anything for free and purchased "Black Dawn Rebirth" when it was released.

I'm think I'm getting confused here...

You are soon to release a new expansion called "Black Dawn Rogue", which I will purchase upon release.

So, what is "Black Dawn Rebirth Deluxe"; is it another update to "Black Dawn Rebirth"? Somewhere it was said that it's just the "level editor".

Deluxe is Rebirth with added level editor.

DamienD 23 February 2021 13:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predseda (Post 1464593)
Deluxe is Rebirth with added level editor.

Ok, I don't care for level editors so no need to purchase this then.

I though I read somewhere that it was a new, update game also?

Predseda 23 February 2021 13:24

No, it is not. See answers on itch:

Quote:

EismanBerlin

I've already bought Black Down Rebirth. Are there any differences in the deluxe version? Or is it worth waiting for rogue more?

---

timeslip1974
2 months ago

unless your interested in the map editor or source code, no!
I also bought it twice as I though it is a new content. But at least I supported the team.

DamienD 23 February 2021 13:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predseda (Post 1464597)
I also bought it twice as I though it is a new content. But at least I supported the team.

Yup, the announcement was confusing as hell... hence why you purchased again, and I've been trying to work out exactly what it is since this thread.

timeslip1974 25 February 2021 15:23

Hi Everybody,
BD Rebirth Deluxe edition was just the original version with the map editor and the originals source code. There is also the standard version also on Itch.IO which is free of charge. After Double Sided games 12 month deal on the game expired I wanted to get it up on Itch.io at either half the price DB games were charging or free of charge to get it out to as many people as possible so that when the expansion Black Dawn Rogue comes out next month it would be available to everyone ( since it requires the original disks).

Black Dawn Rogue will be comming out on both a Physical release and digital downloads. Bitmap Software are handling the phsyical release but as I wanted it as cheap as possible (the 50 pound charge of the original was ridiculous) I think were are going with a3 cases as opposed to a big box, This way hopefully we can get it out for under 20 pounds. Cover arts already done (by Trevor Story) and its amazing (its going on my wall!)

As for the game ? Its my favorite BD game ive done. The engines far more polished, its slicker and faster and i really love the procedurally generated levels. Being able to play it without having designed the levels is awesome!