English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.ClassicWB (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Back in time (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=109622)

Giuseve 25 January 2022 22:05

Back in time

Hi to all, folks.

So many time has passed away since I used to spend my after-school afternoons at my firend's house. It was the time when I used to play Metal Gear and Vampire Killer on MSX at my home and Kick Off or Lotus with my friend on his A500.

Nowaday I got an A1200, I bought an IDE2SD and installed ClassicWB on it.
But I was not an Amiga Expert in 90ties, so I'm here for an help.

1st Question - I copied my WHDLGames on DH1: using DOPUS and I changed the path of A-Games in the assign-startup file of GamesMenu. But when I run ADD GAMES the batch ask me for a disk in the unit A-Games. The new path is DH1:Games. Which is the problem? It all works fine when games are on DH0: with the original path SYS:Games

2nd Question - Sorry to see so many games not working due to memory. Is there a place to buy (or an easy way to DIY) a cheap expansion of 2Mb? If it's enough for WHDL I think it would be cheaper than 4 or 8Mb expansion.

3rd Question - Many keys on my Amiga's keyboard are yellow. How can I clean them?

4th Question - I'm trying to use Amiga1200 on a TV-LCD using RCA like Yellow-White-Red cables. But it seem it has no signal. No problem with SCART neither whith my SCART2HDMI converter. Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance for your support and forgive me for my very-basic-skills on Amiga1200

AMIGASYSTEM 25 January 2022 23:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giuseve (Post 1528942)

1st Question - I copied my WHDLGames on DH1: using DOPUS and I changed the path of A-Games in the assign-startup file of GamesMenu. But when I run ADD GAMES the batch ask me for a disk in the unit A-Games. The new path is DH1:Games. Which is the problem? It all works fine when games are on DH0: with the original path SYS:Games

Giuseve welcome to this forum !

Are you sure you have not edited correctly the path DH1:Games, with which Editor did you edit it? On PC?

Quote:

2nd Question - Sorry to see so many games not working due to memory. Is there a place to buy (or an easy way to DIY) a cheap expansion of 2Mb? If it's enough for WHDL I think it would be cheaper than 4 or 8Mb expansion.
If you delete or deactivate the "Preload" item from the Tooltype Icon, many other games will work, of course having 4MB of RAM would be ideal.

Quote:

3rd Question - Many keys on my Amiga's keyboard are yellow. How can I clean them?
If you do a search on this forum you will find many discussions on this topic

Giuseve 26 January 2022 21:52

Thanks AMIGASYSTEM.

1st. I edit on amiga via STARTUP and ASSIGN Button on classicWB.

2nd. Interesting, where can i find the ToolType Icon?

3rd. Thanks in advance.

Superman 27 January 2022 12:46

2 Attachment(s)
I have my games spread over multiple drives (DH1 and DH2) and demos on DH3. This is what my assign startup looks like if it’s any help. I also had to edit the gamesmenu file also so that it looked for B-Games. I hope this helps. If your games are only on one drive then "A-Games: DH1:" should be enough to make it work.

AMIGASYSTEM 01 February 2022 08:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giuseve (Post 1529094)
Thanks AMIGASYSTEM.
2nd. Interesting, where can i find the ToolType Icon?

You can delete the Preload entry or deactivate it. To deactivate enclose the command between two brackets (Preload)