English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Games images which need to be WHDified (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Manchester United Premier League/The Double (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=45461)

lolafg 15 June 2009 13:35

Manchester United Premier League/The Double

:) Two others soccer games that would be cool to see in whdload :)

EreWeGo 16 June 2009 12:59

Seconded! Although nothing comes close for me when compared to SWOS, I still like to have some other football games to play around with, and these two weren't that bad, whdload versions would be great!
:)

Kyon 16 June 2009 13:08

yeah also i want it :)

lolafg 16 June 2009 13:33

:DYes nothing compared to GOAL! KO2 and SWOS but good games !

Sensi 16 June 2009 13:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyon (Post 560574)
yeah also i want it

You can play both now, iirc you dont wanna buy whdload so whd versions are useless for you.

These two games are superb, very underrated imo.

Its Man Utd PL Champions btw :)

lolafg 16 June 2009 14:47

:) Yes underrated , also thanks to the tactic editor wich is simple to use and well done !!

I have a pref for MU The Double with the:shocked isometric view:shocked...but MU PLC is good too !!

Sensi 16 June 2009 14:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by lolafg (Post 560635)
:) Yes underrated , also thanks to the tactic editor wich is simple to use and well done !!

I have a pref for MU The Double with the:shocked isometric view:shocked...but MU PLC is good too !!

Ill never get used to isometric view and "isometric controlls" :) I prefer MU PLC.
IMO they are more difficult than swos and you can enjoy them more than swos in single player mode.

StingRay 16 June 2009 14:56

The best football game ever is Goal! anyway. I win, thread closed! :D :lol

lolafg 16 June 2009 15:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sensi (Post 560640)
Ill never get used to isometric view and "isometric controlls" :) I prefer MU PLC.
IMO they are more difficult than swos and you can enjoy them more than swos in single player mode.

;) It's sure that isometric controls are more difficult but the game is still really playable compared With Fifa soccer on Amiga !

When i bought MU PLC i played a lot with it and liked it really(:agreestill have the originals red floppies !!)

Then i didn't have the money to buy MU The double and had a bad copy where the keepers were disapearing :crying

lolafg 16 June 2009 15:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by StingRay (Post 560642)
The best football game ever is Goal! anyway. I win, thread closed! :D :lol

:D Nothing compared with Goal! :D

BUT Good games anyway....thread reopen :lol

Sensi 16 June 2009 15:08

FIFA sucked in the past and sucks now. The hype about FIFA is beyond my comprehension.

lolafg 16 June 2009 15:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sensi (Post 560649)
FIFA sucked in the past and sucks now. The hype about FIFA is beyond my comprehension.

:greatTotaly OK with you here:great

EreWeGo 16 June 2009 22:07

Hmmm, let's not turn this into a contest...because if you think there's any football game that tops SWOS - you're dreaming! ;)

hehehehe, personal preference I suppose. As far as FIFA, I really don't enjoy the new FIFA games either, they have great graphics, sound etc, but I never feel truely "in control", especially when shooting.

I did, (and do) however, quite enjoy playing FIFA and FIFA 95 on the Sega Megadrive - these games were actually a lot of fun...

Anyway, back to the ManU games - like lolafg, I quite liked the isometric view too, although it made controlling a bit more difficult. Let's hope someone decides to make some whdload installers for them!
:)

lolafg 13 September 2009 16:10

;) Well , if a whdload slave maker has free time to do those 2 installs it would be really cool ;)

StingRay 13 September 2009 17:15

Both are *in progress*! :) Not as simple to do as John Barnes (Loaders are a mess and not easy to follow!) so it might take a while.

lolafg 13 September 2009 19:07

;) Good to know that they are in progress !!

:greatThanks StingRay:great

EreWeGo 17 September 2009 01:05

@ StingRay - In progress? That's great news, keep us posted!
:D

StingRay 17 September 2009 09:38

Will do. :) So far they both load to the title screen and die. :P As I don't have much time currently, it may take a while until a first beta appears.

Fieldday 19 September 2009 08:55

:great great :)

mai 24 November 2009 13:18

Manchester - The Double: Maybe its possible to activate french language, somehow?