English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Amiga scene (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Vampire discourse, keep it civil (was: Vampire 1200 V2 waiting times) (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=107430)

MarkT 24 June 2021 23:39

Vampire discourse, keep it civil (was: Vampire 1200 V2 waiting times)

I registered my interest in a Vampire 1200 V2 a little over a month ago. Does anyone have any ideas what the current waiting times are? I can't find much information anywhere.

I find the Vampire appealing as I'm after boosting my main Amiga to really high levels... I want to go after some of the games and applications I never could afford to "back in the day". I've also considered a Warp 1260 (as I think RTG is important to meet my objective), but the price of 68060s makes my eyes water :crazy

UberFreak 24 June 2021 23:44

I waited a year for mine, but it was the (first?) year of COVID, and I know they had issues getting some parts.
It should be better now, by how much I don't know.

fitzsteve 25 June 2021 00:39

I think I've been waiting now for about 18 months unless I missed the email...

lmimmfn 25 June 2021 03:22

I ordered in december 2020 and received it just under 4 months later, but it probably takes a lot longer with ccomponent shortages etc. Hold firm, youll get it eventually, no bad thing as the longer the wait the more compatibility issues will be resolved.

QuikSanz 25 June 2021 03:35

Chip shortages maybe?

UberFreak 25 June 2021 03:55

Did you check your status at the order page?
Haven't heard of anyone waiting that long.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzsteve (Post 1492265)
I think I've been waiting now for about 18 months unless I missed the email...

fitzsteve 25 June 2021 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by UberFreak (Post 1492276)
Did you check your status at the order page?
Haven't heard of anyone waiting that long.

Found it, just checked it says 'expressed interest' so I guess I'm still on the list =D

MarkT 26 June 2021 11:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzsteve (Post 1492308)
Found it, just checked it says 'expressed interest' so I guess I'm still on the list =D

I've got the same status showing. I wasn't expecting Amazon Prime delivery times but I'm hoping it'll be a lot less than 18 months!

lyzanxia 17 August 2021 09:48

Waited on mine about a year..Guess now with the new cards coming (icedrake), once productions starts they promise quick turnarounds.

MarkT 25 August 2021 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by lyzanxia (Post 1501509)
Waited on mine about a year..Guess now with the new cards coming (icedrake), once productions starts they promise quick turnarounds.

Yes I've seen. I'm on the waiting list, so roll on 2022! :)

lmimmfn 18 July 2022 14:48

Couldn't find any other appropriate thread for this but Igor(Majsta) sent an email today regarding the whole debacle around V2s and what happened with Gunnar/Apollo team and that he will continue to produce V2s
Content is(there's a document attached to email also with more info)

"I have been silent for more than year watching how my 10 years work with amiga accelerators is taken away by Apollo team, team I helped to form.
In the document I m sending to you everything is revealed what happened inside team in May of 2021.
Every single sentence there or in this mail is something I can document and if attacks on my name and my work don't stop I will.
Constant pressure on me on our discord channel was something no one could take.
Every offer Miri and Gunnar made for me was made to be rejected because final goal was to remove me from the team.
Questions and comments from the document surely didn't help my position. None of them were answered anyway.
I was not needed there anymore, my technology and designs were well known to them already.
Only problem was amiga community and how they will react to all of that.
At final stage, since I was doing nothing wrong, they prepared to present me to the community as a person who got into mental problems blackmailing me with
my discord post where I posted pictures of pills I m taking for my migraine.
Suddenly at mid of last year I started to get messages on my mail and facebook where people who ordered accelerator cards from me before asked me for my health and how I m doing.
Oh boy, it was clear to me what happened and later on I got several screenshots from discord who could prove that.
Suddenly when I asked all of those questions I become person with mental problems.
Anyway, read the document and find out what really happened to me.
All of this is good lesson learn for me and maybe some others will think twice when they get into similar situations.
As for Vampire accelerators, I will continue to give support as much I can.
There are several more topics I plan to cover and I will publish them on my website www.majsta.com very soon."

jurassicman 18 July 2022 15:36

I did receive the same email. I don't understand well what happened but if it is true it does seem a very bad/sad story.

lmimmfn 18 July 2022 16:38

I would be inclined to believe Igor. The thread on the Apollo forums has since been deleted but it was something along the lines that Igor decided to leave and to improve turn around times for orders they were going to create new 1200 cards based on V4. However there were other threads before that with Apollo members posting that they were leaving due to "irreconcilable differences with the Team".

The whole thing is a mess as they've basically parked all V2 development in favour of V4.

Leon Besson 18 July 2022 17:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmimmfn (Post 1554904)
Couldn't find any other appropriate thread for this but Igor(Majsta) sent an email today regarding the whole debacle around V2s and what happened with Gunnar/Apollo team and that he will continue to produce V2s
Content is(there's a document attached to email also with more info)

"I have been silent for more than year watching how my 10 years work with amiga accelerators is taken away by Apollo team, team I helped to form.
In the document I m sending to you everything is revealed what happened inside team in May of 2021.
Every single sentence there or in this mail is something I can document and if attacks on my name and my work don't stop I will.
Constant pressure on me on our discord channel was something no one could take.
Every offer Miri and Gunnar made for me was made to be rejected because final goal was to remove me from the team.
Questions and comments from the document surely didn't help my position. None of them were answered anyway.
I was not needed there anymore, my technology and designs were well known to them already.
Only problem was amiga community and how they will react to all of that.
At final stage, since I was doing nothing wrong, they prepared to present me to the community as a person who got into mental problems blackmailing me with
my discord post where I posted pictures of pills I m taking for my migraine.
Suddenly at mid of last year I started to get messages on my mail and facebook where people who ordered accelerator cards from me before asked me for my health and how I m doing.
Oh boy, it was clear to me what happened and later on I got several screenshots from discord who could prove that.
Suddenly when I asked all of those questions I become person with mental problems.
Anyway, read the document and find out what really happened to me.
All of this is good lesson learn for me and maybe some others will think twice when they get into similar situations.
As for Vampire accelerators, I will continue to give support as much I can.
There are several more topics I plan to cover and I will publish them on my website www.majsta.com very soon."

Just had that email too… :(

wiz12 18 July 2022 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmimmfn (Post 1554926)
I would be inclined to believe Igor. The thread on the Apollo forums has since been deleted but it was something along the lines that Igor decided to leave and to improve turn around times for orders they were going to create new 1200 cards based on V4. However there were other threads before that with Apollo members posting that they were leaving due to "irreconcilable differences with the Team".

The whole thing is a mess as they've basically parked all V2 development in favour of V4.

Apollo seem to want to focus only on the V4 range and it's disappointing the way V2 users are now offered little to no support, even the webpage that had all V2 related help is now gone. They were talking about releasing bugfix updates for the V2 range however you would have to pay for these updates.

lmimmfn 18 July 2022 18:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiz12 (Post 1554952)
Apollo seem to want to focus only on the V4 range and it's disappointing the way V2 users are now offered little to no support, even the webpage that had all V2 related help is now gone. They were talking about releasing bugfix updates for the V2 range however you would have to pay for these updates.

Didn't realise that was the case, I.e. paid upgrades for V2, if so that's an absolute disgrace considering the V1200 selling price of 500euro plus and Igor has shown that he gave a large sum of money per V1200 card to Gunnar and team.

I'll never buy any Apollo products after purchasing the V1200. Their support has always been the shoddiest support I've ever seen from a company with everything being "Join the discord for support" instead of having an actual customer friendly website with easily accessible info.

Even got a temp ban from their forum for commenting in the Retrocengo thread where he reviewed the vampire stating the issues etc. which I agreed with. My ban was lifted but will never post there again, some way to treat paying customers lol

grond 18 July 2022 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmimmfn (Post 1554958)
Didn't realise that was the case, I.e. paid upgrades for V2, if so that's an absolute disgrace considering the V1200 selling price of 500euro plus and Igor has shown that he gave a large sum of money per V1200 card to Gunnar and team.

Um, no? What Igor sent around was the proposal he rejected. AFAIK he paid 20€ per card for the core which was a price agreed upon when the cards still cost 150€ per card. Why should Gunnar and team continue working on the core if Igor is out of it all by paying a lump sum only. Furthermore, the way I understand it Igor did not even pay the core fee for the most recent batch of cards.

Leon Besson 18 July 2022 22:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmimmfn (Post 1554958)

I'll never buy any Apollo products after purchasing the V1200. Their support has always been the shoddiest support I've ever seen from a company with everything being "Join the discord for support" instead of having an actual customer friendly website with easily accessible info.

Even got a temp ban from their forum for commenting in the Retrocengo thread where he reviewed the vampire stating the issues etc. which I agreed with. My ban was lifted but will never post there again, some way to treat paying customers lol

:shocked

Anyone else now getting Moderator checking for new posts before they can be posted on here? As I tried to post the Majsta Email on another part of this Forum :blased And it ain’t showing yet :rolleyes

lmimmfn 18 July 2022 22:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by grond (Post 1554982)
Um, no? What Igor sent around was the proposal he rejected. AFAIK he paid 20€ per card for the core which was a price agreed upon when the cards still cost 150€ per card. Why should Gunnar and team continue working on the core if Igor is out of it all by paying a lump sum only. Furthermore, the way I understand it Igor did not even pay the core fee for the most recent batch of cards.

That is not what his doc states, it says 50euro per core paid, 50 euro for apollo shop, about 100 euro BOM plus soldering per card, 30euro for Igor and cash spread elsewhere.
So I don't really understand what you're saying as it completely contradicts Igors statement and anything Gunnar says in terms of trust, I would flush down the toilet, even that may be too kind.

Also, remember at the time it was only Igor producing V1200 cards.

kipper2k 19 July 2022 00:59

As the Phil Collins song goes " We see your true colours. ! day i will let the world know