English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.Games (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Championship Manager 93/94 Editor help?? (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=56397)

richyrandall 18 November 2010 22:00

Championship Manager 93/94 Editor help??

Evening,

I've just downloaded the editor for this game, and got it up and running in Workbench in UAE...

Does anyone know how to save edited data on to the .adf's without corrupting them???

I've been at it days now, and every single time I transfer a player from one club to another and save it, it just comes up with software errors and I'm left having to download the .adf's again...

Any help is much appreciated...

Cheers,

Rich

richyrandall 24 November 2010 00:01

Anyone??????

seuden 24 November 2010 09:46

Let me refresh my memory and I'll get back to you. :D

Nirgal777 25 November 2010 21:16

Would you be kind and help me by shareing info where from did you downloaded editor for this game? I've been looking for this hoping I can correct some data at CM93/94 and CM italia, but no luck... till now, I hope. Please!

Graham Humphrey 25 November 2010 22:52

You can get the editor here: http://aminet.net/package/game/edit/CmEd310

Nirgal777 26 November 2010 17:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey (Post 718165)
You can get the editor here: http://aminet.net/package/game/edit/CmEd310

Thank you very much! I hope it works!
Greetings from Croatia!

richyrandall 29 November 2010 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by seuden (Post 717726)
Let me refresh my memory and I'll get back to you. :D

Thanks!! :)

I hope the memory refresh works :)

Rich...

richyrandall 05 December 2010 12:40

Has anyone had any luck with this yet????? :-)

richyrandall 24 January 2011 01:02

Anyone???? Anyone at all?????

Arnie 24 January 2011 15:58

Just tried it and all I get is " I'm afraid the selected bimary file has an incorrect format and cannot be loaded" ?

EDIT: Sorted, you need the 94 end of season disk, is that correct?

Edit2: Ok, just transfered 11 players named smith to Leicester, saved to disk and everything is working ok.
I used default A1200 config with 4mb fast and wb3.1.

BTW, you can copy the contents of the 3 disks to your HD and play/edit from there.

nortonjohn 22 June 2011 11:04

Hi, i'm trying to load the editor for Championship Manager 94 so that i can update it all but it won't let me!!! I get a message that says something about wrong binary data and i cannot be loaded. Can anybody help?????

how did you get round the "I'm afraid the selected binary file has an incorrect format and cannot be loaded" problem???

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

john

TCD 22 June 2011 11:10

Hi nortonjohn and welcome to EAB!

Let's keep all the questions about the editor in one thread please :) Hope someone can help you and enjoy your stay here :great

nortonjohn 22 June 2011 12:45

OK no problem and thanks for the welcome!!! Any help with this editor would be fantastic. It is the 94 End of season disk that i am using

EDIT - Got past that bit, now i get stuck looking for a pl history file that doesnt seem to exist!

EDIT 2 - Got it!!!! Anybody else needing any help with this feel free to contact me!

joealk 07 August 2011 22:41

Has there been any progress on editing/updating Champ Man 1? I saw some encouraging threads from the summer of 2010. What happened to this project?

An updated Champ Man 1 is something I have thought about at least once every year since 1995.

Reaper-NG 12 November 2012 08:14

I need some help with the championship manager 93 editor, i cannot get past the "i'm afraid the selected binary file has an incorrect format and cannot be loaded". error when trying to load the data with the app, what am i doing wrong? any help would be very appreciated.

highrise 07 July 2013 13:48

hello chaps

Sorry, I'm not really active on here anymore. I wrote most of the code for the CM Editor and basically what we found was that there are half a dozen versions of the same code knocking around, with data stored in different places. We were able to identify a few, but not all of them so if the binary you have doesn't work you will have to try and find a different one. I'm sure if you PM someone on here who has one which works they can send it to you.

As for the 'modern' update I'm afraid I just don't have time for that. I know how it could be done in theory if anyone wants to try and do it though. The idea would be to take the player data from the modern game and transfer it. It would be a tough challenge to get all the player names in there though.

richyrandall 30 August 2013 03:17

.....thought I'd come back to this and start having a bit of fun with it, again...

Can anyone give me any tips on getting the editor to run... I've completely forgot how to run it..

I've downloaded the CmEd310 zip file, but how do I get the actual CmEd310 file to run??

Any ideas, guys??

Cheers,

Rich

hossamallam 13 October 2013 12:56

how to run this editor ?!!

richyrandall 13 October 2013 13:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by hossamallam (Post 916473)
how to run this editor ?!!

Yes mate... I clearly had it running in 2008... but I cant remember how...

Any help from anyone would be ace....

Thanks,

Rich

hossamallam 13 October 2013 16:55

then it will edit the cm93 pc version of the game ??