English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   request.Old Rare Games (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Top Cat (standalone) (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=11614)

andreas 16 October 2003 08:19

Top Cat (standalone)

Another one from me:

Top Cat (1991 Hi-Tec) [**STANDALONE** version]

Not on Twist's MIA, but I think it is a very rare one.
There is a version on some crappy Astronut compact, but as you know, these versions come with ripped intros, "painted-over" copyright infos and so on.

Does anyone have a standalone of this puppy? :)

mtb 16 October 2003 11:08

Re: Top Cat (standalone)

Quote:

Originally posted by andreas
Another one from me:

Top Cat (1991 Hi-Tec) [**STANDALONE** version]

Not on Twist's MIA, but I think it is a very rare one.
There is a version on some crappy Astronut compact, but as you know, these versions come with ripped intros, "painted-over" copyright infos and so on.

Does anyone have a standalone of this puppy? :)

Perhaps... i'll check at home.

I'm sure it's a stand-alone version.

mtb 16 October 2003 21:06

I checked, it's stand alone and everything seem ok ( never understood this game ).

In the zone.

andreas 16 October 2003 23:47

FANTASTIC!
Well, that was fast.

:great:great

A version with title pic included at last! Nice, dude! :D

Thanks again...

TOSEC: Top Cat (1991)(Hi-Tec)[cr SKR]

@the rest:
if you happen to have a different crack of this game (standalone too), please post it, too!
The credits do seem somewhat screwed up ... you only see 'MUSIC and FX - SEAN CONRAN' if you let the intro run, but it never gets to the other names...
Same error as on the Astronut compact version: this was a SKR crack too, but with a third-party trainer included.

Might be useful to check with a different crack / original version.

Not intending to be greedy, but I'd like to get some more credits for HOL apart from the sound man. :)

Codetapper 17 October 2003 00:45

WHDLoad!

Andreas: Why didn't you just look at the WHDLoad version which has the title picture and was released 18-Dec-2001? It's guaranteed not to have credits defaced either! (Just be careful to get the original disk image as it also supports the cracked version).

Also a lot of Hi-Tec and Zeppelin games had no credits - you might be lucky doing a hex search through the binary to find the programmers but I wouldn't count on it for this game. I'll ask the original supplier if the manual has anything in it.

andreas 17 October 2003 01:53

Re: WHDLoad!

Quote:

Originally posted by Codetapper
Andreas: Why didn't you just look at the WHDLoad version which has the title picture and was released 18-Dec-2001? It's guaranteed not to have credits defaced either! (Just be careful to get the original disk image as it also supports the cracked version).
Why? Because I don't have it. :D

Quote:

Also a lot of Hi-Tec and Zeppelin games had no credits - you might be lucky doing a hex search through the binary to find the programmers but I wouldn't count on it for this game.
Already done that ... at least I found out the cracker for mtb's version that way.

Quote:

I'll ask the original supplier if the manual has anything in it.
Thanks ... that would indeed be a good idea! :)
(Although I too memorize the suppliers' names in the readme's, I usually refrain from mailing them except in case of emergency.)

mtb 22 October 2003 13:49

Quote:

Originally posted by andreas
FANTASTIC!
Well, that was fast.

:great:great

A version with title pic included at last! Nice, dude! :D

Thanks again...

TOSEC: Top Cat (1991)(Hi-Tec)[cr SKR]

Has it been recognized by the tosec checker? If yes, which version? I remember the disk had some troubles and i tried to read it at least 5 times.

andreas 22 October 2003 16:02

Oh $#%&! :lol

Did I manage to confuse you again?!

'TOSEC:' means "that is the naming you should use when including it in next release" (!)

Sorry! :laughing