English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.Apps (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Startup-Sequence (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=35831)

blade002 04 April 2008 13:36

Startup-Sequence

I will get straight to the point. I just installed Allegro CDFS after installing my EIDE Buffered Interface and now when my system boots i just get a blank screen.

Now i have tried to access the Startup-Sequence via boot with no-startup with JanoEditor ( included in ClassicWB ) but when it tries to load it asks for ENV, so i cancel and then go into file selection to access the Startup-Sequence, i click on it and nothing comes up.

So then i assign ENV only to find that although it no longer asks for ENV but when i choose Startup-Sequence again it just hangs and reboots.

I used to have CED here on disk, but i can't seem to find it :( Is there another way around this problem?

T_hairy_bootson 04 April 2008 13:48

Does it work without the buffered interface?

blade002 04 April 2008 14:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by T_hairy_bootson (Post 405741)
Does it work without the buffered interface?

Well i had the interface installed for about a week with EIDE installed, but when it got to Allegro CDFS, the disk that i was supplied with by AmigaKit that came with the interface had errors on it, so i managed to get hold of the disk again a couple of days ago.

But straight after i installed Allegro CDFS tonight, the problem occurred. The Hard Drive accesses but nothing comes up on the screen. I have tried detaching the IDE cable running to the CD drive, but to no avail.

laser 04 April 2008 15:06

forget janoeditor

boot without startup-sequence and type:

ed s/startup-sequence

blade002 04 April 2008 16:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by laser (Post 405748)
forget janoeditor

boot without startup-sequence and type:

ed s/startup-sequence

Thanks for the Info Laser. I actually managed to get Workbench back, but it wasn't through any alteration in the startup-sequence that i tried but due to me deleting the device driver CD3 from my devs directory. I don't even know how it even got to CD3 !?!?... isn't it supposed to be CD0: ?? Anyway, i replaced it with CD0: but Workbench still wont see my CD drive.

BippyM 04 April 2008 16:26

ed is a pile of shit.

I reckon allegro installed the driver without actually checking if a device exits on that channel.

meega 04 April 2008 17:26

It's a pile of shit that works.

BippyM 04 April 2008 17:28

true but there are far better alternatives. Even some free editors are better.

Personally i only use cygnusED on amiga. Nothing else comes close.

blade002 04 April 2008 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by bippym (Post 405766)
true but there are far better alternatives. Even some free editors are better.

Personally i only use cygnusED on amiga. Nothing else comes close.

Yes, CygnusED ( CED ) is the absolute ultimate text editor for the Amiga with its fast text scroll routines, its smooth slow down effect, its ..etc... I loved it but now my copy of it has gone to floppy heaven :sad