English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   request.Other (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   [Wanted] Manual of "Simulmondo Big Game Fishing" Game (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=105997)

jurassicman 25 February 2021 19:19

[Wanted] Manual of "Simulmondo Big Game Fishing" Game
 
Hi there,
long shot here... I know... I'm after a copy of the original manual of "Simulmondo Big Game Fishing" Game.
If you have one you can part with please contact me with your request.
Thanks, ciao


PS:
I got the original disk and it seems to work (but there's a copy protection based on the manual to proceed) so I'll dump it soon... ;)

jurassicman 06 March 2021 13:58

As I did promise I just uploaded the dump of the original disk in "The Zone".
Unfortunately there is no whdload installer so I can't be 100% sure that the game works perfectly... it loads up to the first screen but, not having the manual, I can't go further...
A whdload installer would be great and also a scan of the manual... is there anyone willing to do so? :)

BarryB 07 March 2021 13:18

Your disk has the Lamer Exterminator bootblock!! It should have a standard 1.3 bootblock same as all the cracked versions!

Is this version only in Italian? I couldn't change to English when clicking on the flag!

Think these are all the words you need:

Code:

Page: 2  Line: 1  Word: 2 HARDWARE
Page: 2  Line: 8  Word: 1 BIG
Page: 2  Line: 8  Word: 2 GAME
Page: 2  Line: 8  Word: 3 FISHING
Page: 3  Line: 1  Word: 3 FRIZIONE
Page: 3  Line: 3  Word: 3 ESCA
Page: 3  Line: 5  Word: 3 LENZE
Page: 3  Line: 8  Word: 1 CONTAMETRI
Page: 4  Line: 5  Word: 1 SIMULMONDO
Page: 6  Line: 13 Word: 1 THE
Page: 6  Line: 13 Word: 2 HARBOR
Page: 6  Line: 15 Word: 1 GOING
Page: 6  Line: 15 Word: 2 FISHING
Page: 6  Line: 17 Word: 1 TROPHY
Page: 7  Line: 1  Word: 1 A
Page: 7  Line: 1  Word: 2 METER
Page: 7  Line: 1  Word: 3 COUNTER
Page: 7  Line: 2  Word: 1 SARDINE
Page: 7  Line: 8  Word: 1 WARNING
Page: 7  Line: 12 Word: 1 FUEL
Page: 8  Line: 8  Word: 1 NOTICE
Page: 10 Line: 17 Word: 1 DER
Page: 10 Line: 17 Word: 2 HAFEN
Page: 10 Line: 19 Word: 1 SIE
Page: 10 Line: 19 Word: 2 LAUFEN
Page: 10 Line: 19 Word: 3 ZUM
Page: 10 Line: 19 Word: 4 FANG
Page: 10 Line: 19 Word: 5 AUS
Page: 10 Line: 20 Word: 1 FISCHFANG
Page: 11 Line: 2  Word: 1 HAKENMENGE
Page: 11 Line: 6  Word: 1 SARDINENKISTE
Page: 11 Line: 12 Word: 1 ZURBEACHTUNG
Page: 11 Line: 14 Word: 1 BENZINUHR
Page: 11 Line: 15 Word: 1 THERMOMETER
Page: 12 Line: 4  Word: 2 STORY


dlfrsilver 07 March 2021 13:42

I did a check for one of my italian contributors, and the game has indeed the virus on the bootblock :/

BarryB 07 March 2021 14:14

Disk is also heavily modified: add21k added and new S-S created , Calcio program + .info added, file '1' added to disk, 'ts.bgf' added to disk, main program compressed with PowerPacker!!

jurassicman 07 March 2021 15:50

Thanks BarryB for the codes, I'll try them as soon as possible. :)
I wasn't able to change the flag either so it could be Italian only, in the box, however, the description is both in Italian and English.
I know the original owner so I can ask him if he ever modified the disk some way... or, at least, if he remembers having done anything.

BarryB 07 March 2021 16:26

There is English text in the main exe, so looks like the English version was never finished?

The codes work on your version but just remember the disk has the Lamer Exterminator virus on the bootblock!

jurassicman 07 March 2021 20:04

Ok... is it possible to remove the virus without "damaging" the disk?

I mean... if I remove the virus with xcopy (I boot xcopy on my A500, insert the disk without copy protection and xcopy detects the virus and ask if I want to remove it, right?) could I then play the game using the floppy safely?

I found on the web screenshots with the English flag and I think that the English version of the game was available... maybe this is an earlier version or modified in some way (I haven't heard anything from the original owner yet).

DamienD 07 March 2021 20:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by jurassicman (Post 1468282)
Ok... is it possible to remove the virus without "damaging" the disk?

I mean... if I remove the virus with xcopy (I boot xcopy on my A500, insert the disk without copy protection and xcopy detects the virus and ask if I want to remove it, right?) could I then play the game using the floppy safely?

I would use VirusZ to remove instead.

BarryB 07 March 2021 21:23

As long as you don't boot from the infected disk you can file copy the disk to another bootable disk via workbench! I've uploaded a 'clean' ADF, Lamer virus and all added files removed, original S-S restored, should be like the original now!

Interesting that English version, wonder if was the PC version? Also been trying to do an English translation using the English text in the game to copy over the Italian text, however some Italian text is shorter than the English making it a bit difficult, one example of the in game text:

Comincia la vacanza = The fishing holidays begin

So making it difficult to do the English translation!

dlfrsilver 08 March 2021 02:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarryB (Post 1468312)
As long as you don't boot from the infected disk you can file copy the disk to another bootable disk via workbench! I've uploaded a 'clean' ADF, Lamer virus and all added files removed, original S-S restored, should be like the original now!

Interesting that English version, wonder if was the PC version? Also been trying to do an English translation using the English text in the game to copy over the Italian text, however some Italian text is shorter than the English making it a bit difficult, one example of the in game text:

Comincia la vacanza = The fishing holidays begin

So making it difficult to do the English translation!

Comincia la vacanza = Holidays begin!

jurassicman 08 March 2021 08:15

Thanks BarryB!
I'll certainly use the adf you uploaded... let me know if I can help some way for the Italian-English translation...
A last thing... should I delete the files I uploaded to avoid someone infects their systems with Lamer Exterminator? I would feel guilty if that would happen...

BarryB 08 March 2021 17:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlfrsilver (Post 1468394)
Comincia la vacanza = Holidays begin!

"The fishing holidays begin" is the English text that is contained in the main exe, so it was obviously meant to be displayed like that for English language! But, did an English language version exist on the Amiga?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jurassicman (Post 1468421)
Thanks BarryB!
I'll certainly use the adf you uploaded... let me know if I can help some way for the Italian-English translation...
A last thing... should I delete the files I uploaded to avoid someone infects their systems with Lamer Exterminator? I would feel guilty if that would happen...

Yes, delete your files, the ADF I uploaded should be sufficient!


As for the Italian translation, I think all the English text is there in the game exe just no option to display it. I'll see how far I progress with an English version and post back with anything I'm stuck with!

jurassicman 08 March 2021 20:39

Great news BarryB!
A friend of mine sent me the adf of the original game.
Both, English and Italian versions work and the codes that you grabbed from the game seem to work as well.
I've also received the scans of the manual.
I asked my friend if I can upload what he sent me here on EAB but in the meantime if you want the adf write me a PM with your email address... ;)

BarryB 09 March 2021 00:41

You are THE man :great Now I don' have to learn Italian :)

DamienD 04 April 2021 18:48

Now how about putting this English version into The Zone! and getting one of the EAB coders to crack? ;)

jurassicman 04 April 2021 23:52

Hi there! I never received a reply from the guy that sent me the adf and the scans... however I think that he won't be displeased if I share them so I'm going to upload everything in the zone. :)

BarryB 05 April 2021 12:16

Nice one :great

Hopefully they wont mind, there is nothing to personally identify who they are anyway!

DamienD 06 April 2021 13:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1474918)
Now how about putting this English version into The Zone! and getting one of the EAB coders to crack? ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jurassicman (Post 1474968)
Hi there! I never received a reply from the guy that sent me the adf and the scans... however I think that he won't be displeased if I share them so I'm going to upload everything in the zone. :)

Cool thanks ;)

Now which coder can kindly crack for us; Galahad, ross, Flashtro etc?

DamienD 06 April 2021 14:13

jurassicman, thanks for the scans etc. :great

I've slightly cleaned up / straightened and put into .PDFs.

"Big Game Fishing_Manual.pdf" and "Big Game Fishing_Extra Sheet.pdf" are now in Thne Zone! ;)


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 22:22.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

Page generated in 0.05519 seconds with 11 queries