English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.Hardware (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Indivision AGA MK2 problems. Please help .. (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=80797)

turrican9 23 December 2015 16:44

Indivision AGA MK2 problems. Please help ..

Hey,

So I've owned the Indy AGA MK2 for quite a while now. And everything has been working fine until a few days ago. I had it set at PAL Laced 1280x1024 for S-Hires Lines and 768x576 in regular Pal Hires for games. It was also set at 640x512 Pal Hires Laced in Screen settings. Using Classic Workbench Full.

The Problem started when I started to mess with the 1280x1024 Pal Laced setting in the MK2 control panel. I changed it from s-hires to hires and tried to match the regular Pal resolution to avoid screen switching delays when starting games. (btw this has been done using other config files to set it to 640x512 and it caused no problems after going back to my old profile) What happened after this is that that my old 1280x1024 Pal laced profile still works when I go back to it but my workbench no longer switches from those big lo res icons/fonts to the hi-res ones. Now I've tried everything. I've tried a bunch of config files for the MK2, I've tried other classic workbench installs and it still seems like the icons/fonts are stuck in regular pal hires instead of pal s-hires laced mode. When I click test in the MK2 control panel the test screen shows up correctly but my desktop in workbench does not show those smaller hires icons and fonts I had before.

I know I can go to screen settings in workbench and select Pal Super Hires Laced 1280x512. But this does not look quite right (too small). I'm sure my screen settings (monitor driver) always was set at Hires Laced 640x512. And when I selected Pal s-hires 1280x1024 (1280x512 Laced) in the MK2 control panel the desktop would switch to hi-res.

Anyone have a clue how I can fix this back to the way it was? I've pretty much tried everything.

Update: If I go to the AGA MK2 control panel under Pal interlaced and set s-hires to Hires it goes from 1280 to 640 wide and strangely enoug switches to hires icons/fonts. So it's like s-hires and hires mode has been reversed in some way. Of course my picture is half the screen wide when I do this. But it actually enabled hires icons/fonts. Very strange.

Thanks in advance...

turrican9 25 December 2015 19:57

let me put it this way. Can anyone with an AGA MK2 that uses a 1280x1024 monitor try and set screen mode in workbench to 640x512 PAL Laced then go to the MK2 control panel under PAL Laced and select 1280x1024 for VGA mode then set 'double'to S-Hires. I wanna know if this switches the workbench desktop to hires icons/fonts for you (Like I think it was doing for me earlier). or if it just uses the standard size icons/fonts.