English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.WinUAE (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   T-zer0 - 1st audio track starts too early [Image Mounter vs Daemon Tools] (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=87049)

DamienD 05 May 2017 00:43

T-zer0 - 1st audio track starts too early [Image Mounter vs Daemon Tools]

Phew!!! Finally finished uploading the new file... damn slow internet connection at my new house :scream

Unfortunately this is still an issue though:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1155984)
One small issue that is totally random and I currently have no solution for, is that 3 times out of 10 the first audio track will play after the trainer and starting the game :crazy

If this happens, just reset WinUAE...

Tested 20 times and it still creeps in randomly on occasion (originally thought it was solved as I tested the new file 7 times in a row without a hitch) :sad

Do remember to set your configuration as stated in post #24.

Anyway, go get it guys and do please let me know any feedback / issues that you experience :agree

DamienD 05 May 2017 20:04

Hmmm, ransom1122 has been testing the game in WinUAE...

Unfortunately for him, using the exact same configuration, he said that the first audio track always play after the trainer and starting the game :sad

As mentioned for me this probably happens 3 times out of 10, which is still annoying but I can live with.

Anyway, did some more testing... Instead of selecting / mounting the image via WinUAE, I found that if I mount with Daemon Tools and then point WinUAE to that drive letter, this never happens :agree

@Toni; any ideas what the difference is between selecting / mounting the image via WinUAE versus mount with Daemon Tools and also when mounted via WinUAE why this issue is occurring?

Of course I can provide logs for both scenarios if that helps.

AMIGASYSTEM 05 May 2017 20:45

Damiano happens it also if you mount the CD from AmigaOS in my video test i used AsimCDFS Filesystem

ransom1122 06 May 2017 11:28

After mounting the image with Daemon Tools instead of the mounting the image with winuae. I never get the audio to play after the trainer.

Toni is there are difference between mounting with winuae image mounter or using daemon tools? Because there is a difference with DamienD's CD Audio issue after the trainer.

AMIGASYSTEM 06 May 2017 11:45

@ransom1122
I do not have understand well, If with Daemon Tools does not work CD checks setup on WinUAE the right volume letter CD

@DamienD
Tested Daemon Tools and I find no difference behavior track audio in operation with mounting WinuAE or mounting AmigaOS

ransom1122 06 May 2017 12:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1156266)
Anyway, did some more testing... Instead of selecting / mounting the image via WinUAE, I found that if I mount with Daemon Tools and then point WinUAE to that drive letter, this never happens :agree

@Toni; any ideas what the difference is between selecting / mounting the image via WinUAE versus mount with Daemon Tools and also when mounted via WinUAE why this issue is occurring?

This is the same for me.

If I mount with Daemon Tools and then point WinUAE to that drive letter. The CD Audio doesnt automatically start immediately after the trainer, which is what you want. If you mount with WINUAE CD Audio incorrectly starts after the trainer.

Toni Wilen 06 May 2017 12:34

Differences: TOC contents may be different, different error codes if program is doing something weird..

-> -log -scsiemulog winuaelog.txt from both configs, please.

DamienD 06 May 2017 14:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM (Post 1156271)
Damiano happens it also if you mount the CD from AmigaOS in my video test i used AsimCDFS Filesystem

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM (Post 1156348)
@ransom1122
I do not have understand well, If with Daemon Tools does not work CD checks setup on WinUAE the right volume letter CD

@DamienD
Tested Daemon Tools and I find no difference behavior track audio in operation with mounting WinuAE or mounting AmigaOS

I think you're missing the point here AMIGASYSTEM.

With my "T-zer0 AmigaCD HDF & CD-ROM.rar" package you don't actually need to have "CDFS automount CD/DVD drives" selected so the CD isn't mounted in AmigaOS. The game will run with audio tracks if you have either of the following set:

a) image selected via WinUAE's image mounter.
b) image mounted via Daemon Tools and then pointing that virtual drive letter.

The problem is this (which also occurs when playing the game directly from the original CD-ROM without even installing).

If the image is mounted via WinUAE's image mounter; sometimes the 1st audio track will start playing at this screen when it shouldn't:

https://www.imageupload.co.uk/images/2017/05/06/002.png

If the image is mounted via Daemon Tools, the first audio track never starts playing at this screen.

DamienD 06 May 2017 14:07

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Toni Wilen (Post 1156358)
Differences: TOC contents may be different, different error codes if program is doing something weird..

-> -log -scsiemulog winuaelog.txt from both configs, please.

Thanks Toni ;)

I hope I've done this correctly... if not let me know.

Attached are 2 files:

WinUAE_T-zero_ImageMounter.rar:
... config file with image mounted via image mounter.
... winuaebootlog.txt
... winuaelog.txt

WinUAE_T-zero_DaemonTools.rar:
... config file with image mounted via Daemon Tools.
... winuaebootlog.txt
... winuaelog.txt

Toni Wilen 06 May 2017 14:51

It was correct :)

Should be fixed now. SCSI/ATAPI CD emulation should not delay audio state (starting playing -> playing) change like CDTV/CD32 CD hardware does.

DamienD 06 May 2017 14:58

You are a friggin' legend Toni :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown

Downloaded the updated WinUAE from http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae.7z, tested 5 times with the image mounted via WinUAE's image mounter and now all working is perfectly :agree

...fixed so quickly as well; there's good reason why I call you Master Wilen. Is there anything you can't solve?!? ;)

Donation coming your way immediately. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! :great

ransom1122 06 May 2017 14:59

Master Wilen Strikes Again. :bowdown

Toni Wilen 06 May 2017 15:27

That was far too easy fix. (4B = SCSI pause/unpause, it failing in other log and not failing in another was the only real difference)

Thanks for the donation, I hope it was not only done because of this fix :)

btw, last block had 2 second (150 sector) difference (all others were identical):

- T-zer0 AmigaCD.bin
308630 68:37:05

14: 301439 67:01:14 CDA 0
308780 68:39:05

Do you see same difference if you mount randomly chosen audio CDs? (Amiga data+audio tracks or audio only)

AMIGASYSTEM 06 May 2017 15:39

Thanks Damiano now i understand the problem of the audio track, regarding mounting CD with WinUAE i know the procedure well, usually in tests i use mounting CD with AmigaOS just to check the various CD sessions (Audio, RockRidge, Joliet Etc..),

DamienD 06 May 2017 15:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toni Wilen (Post 1156391)
Thanks for the donation, I hope it was not only done because of this fix :)

No, it's like I said in this post. It's been a while since my last donation, I (and I'm positive I can speak for the wider Amiga community here) really appreciate everything you constantly do and we are even luckier here on EAB having direct access to you for fixes / support / questions :agree

For me, if it wasn't for WinUAE the Amiga would have died back in 1995 when I gave my expanded A500 to my cousins; as I'd purchased a PC which was required for the IT course I was undertaking.

When I discovered WinUAE in 2004, I was over the moon. Much like when I first discovered MAME in the late 90's :great

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toni Wilen (Post 1156391)
btw, last block had 2 second (150 sector) difference (all others were identical):

- T-zer0 AmigaCD.bin
308630 68:37:05

14: 301439 67:01:14 CDA 0
308780 68:39:05

Do you see same difference if you mount randomly chosen audio CDs? (Amiga data+audio tracks or audio only)

Hmmm, not sure I understand what it is your asking me to test... Just use the image mounter with any CD and supply logs?

Toni Wilen 06 May 2017 15:56

No need to attach logs, just check few CD images if log messages always (internal vs DT) have same track start times and if only last time (end) differs by 2 seconds.

AMIGASYSTEM 06 May 2017 17:57

@Toni
http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae.7z,

The WinUAE Fix no Start on my PCs

DamienD 06 May 2017 19:30

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Toni Wilen (Post 1156398)
No need to attach logs, just check few CD images if log messages always (internal vs DT) have same track start times and if only last time (end) differs by 2 seconds.

Heya Toni,

Ok, tested 2 other games which I've installed to .HDF but still mount the CD-ROM in order for the audio tracks to be played. These are:

... Bubble Heroes.
... Land of Genesis.

Of course using your latest test version of WinUAE there is no issue. Saying that, with these 2 games, there never was a problem in the first place with WinUAE v3.4.0; only T-Zer0 was giving troubles...

I've done as you asked, compared running the games mounted via WinUAE's image mounted versus Daemon Tools and captured the logs (WinUAE -log -scsiemulog winuaelog.txt).

From what I can see in the logs there is no difference what-so-ever with the last track's length like with T-zer0.

Anyway, attached are the logs in case you want to take a closer look ;)

Toni Wilen 06 May 2017 19:37

Most games probably ignore CD audio errors. Why bother when playing either works or not and it has no side-effects (except possibly annoyed player..), just fire and forget :)

Could you include your T-zero .cue file, perhaps there is something interesting?..

DamienD 06 May 2017 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toni Wilen (Post 1156450)
Could you include your T-zero .cue file, perhaps there is something interesting?..

Sure, contents of "T-zer0 AmigaCD.cue" ;)

Code:

FILE "T-zer0 AmigaCD.bin" BINARY
  TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    PREGAP 00:02:00
    INDEX 01 30:23:38
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 34:06:32
  TRACK 04 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 37:58:20
  TRACK 05 AUDIO