English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   MarketPlace (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Amiga SVideo Adapters A500 / A600 / A1000 / A1200 / A4000 (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=32807)

Zetr0 26 October 2007 23:28

Amiga SVideo Adapters A500 / A600 / A1000 / A1200 / A4000

Hello there forum chummies,

I am close to completion of the first prototype production run so here is where I now ask whom is interested in wanting one... to help with you decision I have some price guides.

Price Guide Unpopulated PCB & Drilled
(all include printed assembly instructions and bill of materials)

"Narmi Internal Deluxe" £5

Internal 2 layer board Jumper configurable for NTSC or PAL
(crystal needs to change to 3.54 ntsc)

Composite / 15kz VGA and Svideo Internal fly-over card (fits in a12 expansion bay)

"Narmi Internal Basic" £4

Simple 1 layer board
PAL / NTSC

"Narmi External Deluxe" £5

Includes positions for 15Khz VGA / Composite and SVideo
PAL Only

"Narmi External Basic" £4

Svideo PAL Only Output

Price Guide Build at Home Kits
(includes drilled PCB, assembly instructions, Capacitors, Resistors, AD724, oscillator and internal headers / cables)

"Narmi Internal Basic" £10 PAL / NTSC

"Narmi Internal Deluxe" £15 PAL / NTSC
also includes
  • Svideo Connector
  • 15Pin VGA Connector
  • Composite Connector

"Narmi External Basic" £12.50 PAL ONLY
also includes
  • Enclosure
  • Svideo Connector
  • Composite Connector

"Narmi External Deluxe" £18.50 PAL ONLY
also includes
  • Enclosure
  • Svideo Connector
  • 15Khz VGA Connector
  • Composite Connector

Fully Assembled item, please add £2.50 :)

Postage for each kit costs £2 multiple kits will be +50p fully assembled kits might cost a little more depending on physical size
(this should cover mainland Europe / UK / USA and Australia) if its any less I will reduce it, if its anymore, then I will pan-handle you for more money :p ....( maybe use those big puppy dog eyes.... i have some cut out on cardboard somewhere :D)

If you are interested in any of the above, please respond here, if you have any queries just let me know if there a specific modification or revision you would like just PM me :)

I hope to get some pictures up over the weekend.

If enough requests are generated I will have the boards professionally made this will reduce the cost a little bit :)

bobsmith2012 27 October 2007 02:53

I am interested in a "Narmi External Deluxe" fully assembled.

PAL for me please.

Angus 27 October 2007 10:10

Hi Zetro,
I'm a bit groggy from just waiting up, but I'm determined to respond quickly, so sorry if I am a bit fuzzy here :)

I would like a fully assembled external deluxe which I think is £23.

I only really need the Basic model, but for the price it seems the Deluxe makes sense. I assume the extra functions don't add any noise or anything to the S video?

Good work, and where and when do you want me to send payment? Do you have paypal?

Cheers, and have a good weekend. :)

cane 27 October 2007 11:16

I''ll definitively take one, not sure yet which one - probably external since I have few Amigas.
Can't wait to see the pictures so I can decide do I have the skills to solder something like that.
Is this £2 international postage or only UK?

Paul_s 27 October 2007 11:43

Zetro my good man, put me down for one of the External Deluxe's fully assembled please. And that's a deffo! :D

Zetr0 27 October 2007 12:06

I will let this run till Wednesday 31st Oct, then calculate the requests and revise the prices (which by theory will go down) so every one will be happy :D

The Postage is likely to be around the £2 mark, I sent an Item of similar size to Binox (small packet in the UK) and a huge parcel to our Amigo Keropi in Greece and there was only a £1.50 difference... I have edited the above a little.... in fact I will edit it again, SO the external units can be (if so desired) NTSC...

please state if you want NTSC or PAL, as this determines what Crystal Oscillator to use :D

Calgor 27 October 2007 12:20

Put me down for a narmi external deluxe PAL, fully assembled. Any chance of being able to put a switch in to make it able to switch between PAL and NTSC (for an extra cost) ? Reason is so it can be used for smooth scrolling for both PAL/NTSC amiga modes.

Also may be interested in a narmi internal deluxe PAL if you can describe how it is mounted internally (i.e. what it clips on to, and what amiga models it can work with inside). Maybe I will use this as my first soldering job!

Paul_s 27 October 2007 12:37

PAL version for me please chap :)

Zetr0 27 October 2007 13:00

@Calgor

The input is irrelevant as it comes from the Amiga RGB, the PAL/NTSC is only the output of the SVideo / Composite.

I can make a switchable one for you, that will be about £1.50 for the extra crystal and switch(s).

mrodfr 27 October 2007 15:57

@Zetr0

Put me down for a narmi external deluxe PAL, fully assembled (the complete deluxe full version) :-) as requested since weeks by me :-)

thanks for the work involved on this project, narmi and Zetr0.

adonay 27 October 2007 18:15

ok put me up for two internal Narmi Internal Deluxe i have wanted something like this for ages :-D. nicely done :-)

Zetr0 27 October 2007 18:20

@adonay

Hello there,

Welcome to the EAB, I am sure you will like it here. There plenty of mischief to get upto :)

now are you interested in kits or assembled units? :)

Angus 27 October 2007 19:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angus (Post 367045)

I would like a fully assembled external deluxe which I think is £23.

)

And that's a PAL one please Zetro - cheers.

twbrown 27 October 2007 23:27

I would like to get the fully assembled NTSC external deluxe version.

keropi 27 October 2007 23:32

Hey Zetrolicious, write me down for a "Narmi External Deluxe" fully assembled , it would be nice for test/debug of various amigas...
:spin

edit: PAL-a-licious plz

mrodfr 28 October 2007 07:42

Hello,

Zetr0 apparently have lots of customers allready :-)

Please raise a little the final prize, customers, for providing to Zetr0 a good supply of beers during the assembly work... (hum, after the assembly work !!!.... :-)

BinoX 28 October 2007 10:29

I'll go for a Narmi External Deluxe (fully assembled... don't have the time to assemble stuff)

And why not... a Narmi Internal Delux (once again, fully assembled) as well :D

alexh 28 October 2007 10:50

Not that I am wanting to put people off buying these great items, just out of curiosity, why are people based outside the USA (and perhap Oz) buying these?

USA I totally understand, you've got no RGB input, composite is your only real choice upto now, svideo should improve your quality quite a bit.

UK & Europe, you've got RGB inputs on all your TV equipment, why not just use them, it will be a much better picture than Svideo (33% more bandwidth!).

Perhaps I could understand if you've run out of RGB capable SCART sockets on your TV, but still, I would have thought that you'd go for a SCART switch box first....

Again, just curious.

DrF 28 October 2007 11:12

I think people are going crazy for them becuase :

Its NEW Amiga hardware I guess.
Its a all in 1 solution?
Can't really get anything similar from anywhere else or at least close to this bargain price.
It will help fund new Amiga hardware development (or pies)
Zetr0 made these units, hence they have a certain awesomeness digitally pressed into the very copper from which he pulled from the fire with his BARE hands!
Each unit contains a piece of Zetr0s soul and/or blood.
Like a phoenix arising from the ashes or something
Amiga owners buy all kinds of stuff for no reason other than to bask in the leetness of a by gone age?

keropi 28 October 2007 11:31

when things go wrong (or you come by an amiga without a scandoubler) then a SVHS output to connect to a pc/tv is way better than the normal vhs and more preferable than to unpack old amiga monitors/move a tv to the amiga... :D