English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Member Introductions (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Hello Amiga Board members (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=107762)

Rene_1974 26 July 2021 19:28

Hello Amiga Board members

I am a man born in the Netherlands, and living in the Netherlands since 1974.

I love emulating Amiga computers, because in my youth I had an Amiga 500.
My biggest hobby is personal computers.
I love it to upgrade, install, repair (swapping hardware that don't need any soldering).
Furthermore I love watching series and movies on Netflix.

Anubis 26 July 2021 20:23

Welcome!!!

Another Netherlander that likes movies and tv series... interesting... with sample size of 2, I conclude that everyone in Netherland loves Amiga, movies and TV shows. :D

Cammy 27 July 2021 03:42

Hi Rene, welcome in!

What kind of things do you run on your emulated Amiga? Are you into old games, using creative software, watching demos, or maybe checking out all the awesome homebrew games that have been coming out lately?

fxgogo 27 July 2021 08:21

Welcome, welcome. I do most of my Amiga stuff via emulation even though I have two Amigas sitting right next to me. Once I have a dedicated place for them, I guess it will be more hardware based, at least for games.

So what you like doing with your Amigas?

chip 27 July 2021 08:25

Born in 1974 too :D

Welcome to the forum :)

Rene_1974 27 July 2021 21:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anubis (Post 1497969)
Welcome!!!

Another Netherlander that likes movies and tv series... interesting... with sample size of 2, I conclude that everyone in Netherland loves Amiga, movies and TV shows. :D

I'm not sure that all Netherlanders loves Amiga, movies and TV shows, but I am sure that there are lots the same as we are.
Thank you for your welcome greeting Anubis :D

Rene_1974 27 July 2021 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by chip (Post 1498040)
Born in 1974 too :D

Welcome to the forum :)

Thank you for the welcome greetings Chip.
I think that 1974 is a good year to be born. :D

Rene_1974 27 July 2021 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cammy (Post 1498022)
Hi Rene, welcome in!

What kind of things do you run on your emulated Amiga? Are you into old games, using creative software, watching demos, or maybe checking out all the awesome homebrew games that have been coming out lately?

Thank you for the welcome greetings Cammy.
I do like playing the old games, using creative software, using music software, watching demos.
I really like it what a modern / classic Amiga is capable of to do.

Rene_1974 27 July 2021 21:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by fxgogo (Post 1498037)
Welcome, welcome. I do most of my Amiga stuff via emulation even though I have two Amigas sitting right next to me. Once I have a dedicated place for them, I guess it will be more hardware based, at least for games.

So what you like doing with your Amigas?

Thank you for the welcome greetings fxgogo.
Back in my younger days, I had a real Amiga 500 with kickstart 1.3 rom and a KCS power PC board.
I had lots of copied games, and programs even though it was illegal.
I remember that everyone copied their software from other.
When I went to the local computer club, everyone had a view disk boxes with almost only copied disks.

I first emulated the Amigas using illegal kickstart roms to find out if I could understand how it works and if I like it enough.
Last week I ordered Amiga Forever 9 Premium Edition.
So now I use legal kickstart roms.

I have emulated an Amiga 500 and an Amiga 1200 with Winuae.
I love it to try to make them as powerfull as possible.
Unfortunately I can't manage it to emulate certain expansion boards yet, like PPC boards.
Also I can't manage it to browse the Internet and FTP sites within the emulated Amigas.
Hopefully I will learn those things some day in the near future.
Furthermore I like to play games, playing music with Protracker 2.3F, and I like it to try out all the Workbench items.