English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.WHDLoad (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Space Hulk problem (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=40989)

Retroplay 27 November 2008 15:38

Space Hulk problem

Can anybody with real hardware check this.
When I select Space Hulk Originals -> Cleanse and Burn I always get this error message:
Exception "Illegal Instruction" ($10) at $69B2 occured.
I'm using WHD16.9 (Sept. 7) and it keeps crashing no matter what I do.

Retro-Nerd 27 November 2008 15:49

Confirmed, i get the same error message on my real miggy.

mailman 27 November 2008 19:04

My original version of Space Hulk does not work with WHDLoad slave at all...

Galahad/FLT 27 November 2008 21:05

I'll check into this, and Mailman, if you could send me your version as ADF's to galahadfairlight(at)yahoo.co.uk

Retroplay 27 November 2008 21:14

Thanks, because playing this game from floppy disks is a pain in the butt. :)

haynor666 28 November 2008 08:56

BTW. Is this game saving games to HD? About month ago I've played a little but once I've finished mission I realized that I'm playing mission 1 all over again. Specific my problem (I may doing something wrong) or unsuported version?

Mailman, is this polish IPS version ?

dlfrsilver 28 November 2008 09:04

i have installed the game with my original and it works BUT some miggy fellows reported me that they can't go past the first level, it loops on level 1.

It needs to be reworked i think...

haynor666 28 November 2008 09:42

With this looping of first mission game cannot be ended. It's probably saving games bug. I've installed this game from IPFs images.

mailman 28 November 2008 14:13

@Galahad/FLT

OK, I will. Maybe even today

@haynor

Yes.

mailman 29 November 2008 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT (Post 481454)
I'll check into this, and Mailman, if you could send me your version as ADF's

Already sent ;)

mailman 02 January 2010 10:53

@Galahad

Is there any progress with the slave?

mailman 12 January 2010 19:17

Galahad, could you respond, please?

Galahad/FLT 12 January 2010 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by haynor (Post 481533)
With this looping of first mission game cannot be ended. It's probably saving games bug. I've installed this game from IPFs images.

This is being worked on, but theres a bug in either the game or KickEMU which crashes WHDLoad when trying to load files.

Angus 13 January 2010 13:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT (Post 633169)
This is being worked on, but theres a bug in either the game or KickEMU which crashes WHDLoad when trying to load files.

I think the jst version can save games - but I think there are other issues, perhaps there would be some time-saving source code?

Cheers.

Galahad/FLT 13 January 2010 14:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angus (Post 633352)
I think the jst version can save games - but I think there are other issues, perhaps there would be some time-saving source code?

Cheers.

No, its a specific KickEMU or game problem.

I know why my original release didn't progress beyond level 1, because I didn't know the game saved progress as it went.

But originally I used KickDOS to install Space Hulk and that is no longer in use, but using KickEMU to install it as files, i'm having issues where as soon as the game goes to load a game file, the whole thing just hangs.

i've got a feeling its a CIA interrupt problem, either the game isn't coded correctly, or KickEMU has a bug, and i'm leaning more toward the former at the moment.

dlfrsilver 13 January 2010 16:34

well when loaded from ADF, the guys that love this game told me they pass to the next level, but not possible under whdload install.

mailman 03 May 2010 20:34

I did some more tests with Space Hulk today and I managed to run it without problems. So my version is supported. What I did? I used tooltypes: NOCACHE and CHIPNOCACHE. The game does not quit with Illegal instruction error but still saving is not possible.

daxb 04 May 2010 11:57

I tried your settings and other. In most case I get only the access fault mentioned on whdload mantis.

Retroplay 02 September 2012 23:46

JST version is in the zone.

It works as it should on my vanilla A1200 + 8mb fast. :)

I know it's not exactly a solution to the whd problem but at least you can play from hd now without the horrible slow disk loading.

Zandig 03 September 2012 21:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retroplay (Post 837636)
JST version is in the zone.

It works as it should on my vanilla A1200 + 8mb fast. :)

I know it's not exactly a solution to the whd problem but at least you can play from hd now without the horrible slow disk loading.

Thank you :)