English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   Coders. General (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Massive oversight in HRTMON! (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=57981)

h0ffman 25 February 2011 00:49

Massive oversight in HRTMON!

So, tonight I finally started putting together the data for my music disk so it can be track loaded. Wrote a source file which incbin the data files and has a file table at the start. I though the easiest option would be (as i'm in WinUAE) would be to invoke HRTMon and simply write the memory directly to a disk.

However... the WS (write sectors) command ends up with

"error, whdload not active or old whdload verson"

Suprise suprise, there is also a whload command of WS!

So, HrtMon cant write sectors to a floppy!?

:(

Codetapper 25 February 2011 04:13

Try an older version of HRTMon before WHDLoad support was added? :)

pmc 25 February 2011 08:27

Maybe use AsmOne to write the sectors as an alternative...?

StingRay 25 February 2011 09:25

What pmc said. Incbin your files and then use ASM1's "WS" (write sector) command.
Another alternative is to write a binary of the disk (i.e. incbin all your files and then save 901120 bytes) and then use a tool such as TSgui to write that very binary to a real disk.

h0ffman 25 February 2011 11:20

So many ways to skin the proverbial cat, cheers guys :)

Maybe Toni might be interested in the HRTMon issue for an updated version of WinUAE??

Lonewolf10 25 February 2011 23:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by h0ffman (Post 739005)
So many ways to skin the proverbial cat, cheers guys :)

Maybe Toni might be interested in the HRTMon issue for an updated version of WinUAE??

Err, no.

The full version is already included :D

In WinUAE 2.0.1:

- Under Hardware, goto ROM menu
- Miscellaneous, cartridge ROM file and select option
(either HRTmon v2.32 or Action Cartridge Super IV Professional)

Regards,
Lonewolf10

StingRay 26 February 2011 00:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf10 (Post 739140)
Err, no.

The full version is already included :D

This is not what he meant and if you read his post you'll notice that he already knows how to enable HRTmon in WinUAE.

What he meant is an updated version of HRTmon which allows to write sectors to a disk using WS command. At the moment there is a clash with the original WS command and the command to save memory to a file which was added when WHDLoad support was added to HRTmon. This command also uses "WS" so the original "write sectors" command doesn't work anymore.

h0ffman 26 February 2011 01:48

BTW - the ASMOne option worked out the best....

First time I've ever used ASMOne, I can kinda see why people like it.. some great features in there, its like a full on mc monitor built into an assembler

Toni Wilen 26 February 2011 11:55

Not interested, sorry. I don't use hrtmon, it is annoying if you have used action replay too much..

I prefer uae debugger (if not debugging on real A500) because it is totally "invisible" to running program and I can quickly modify it if needed.

Lonewolf10 26 February 2011 14:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by StingRay (Post 739144)
This is not what he meant and if you read his post you'll notice that he already knows how to enable HRTmon in WinUAE.

What he meant is an updated version of HRTmon which allows to write sectors to a disk using WS command. At the moment there is a clash with the original WS command and the command to save memory to a file which was added when WHDLoad support was added to HRTmon. This command also uses "WS" so the original "write sectors" command doesn't work anymore.

Oh, right. Mea culpa.

Regards,
Lonewolf10