English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (http://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.OtherUAE (http://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Amiberry and Speedlink competition Pro Joystick (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=101479)

HellFish 29 March 2020 16:40

Amiberry and Speedlink competition Pro Joystick
 
Hello,

I'm running Amiberry on a Raspberry Pi 4, and using a Speedlink Competition pro Joystick, the Problem is that only the Right Fire button works in Games.

Anyone know how I can remap the Controller so The left Fire button is the main button?

I can't find anything within the software to reconfigure the controllers...and google not seem to be helping much.

Any help, much appricated.

Thanks

manossg 29 March 2020 17:31

Hello, man,

I am having the same configuration and the same problem, but I have managed to solve it. Are you running Amiberry from Retropie? The only thing that has worked for me is going to the Amiberry menu->custom controls and then setting north as Joy2 Fire.

HellFish 29 March 2020 17:50

Thanks for the reply, just tested that and it worked for me too!

Many Thanks.

The build is a Pimiga build, so think i'ts just a Plan Amiberry build on Raspian.

manossg 29 March 2020 18:03

Good to know it worked for you, my friend, I unfortunately didn't manage to download the image.

keito 04 April 2020 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by manossg (Post 1388210)
Good to know it worked for you, my friend, I unfortunately didn't manage to download the image.

You can still download the image from the facebook PiMIGA group or from the Patreon page ;-)

Thanks for figuring out this problem, as I have the same joystick but I have not tried it yet, so this is really useful info to know :-)

graemet77 19 October 2020 20:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by manossg (Post 1388203)
Hello, man,

I am having the same configuration and the same problem, but I have managed to solve it. Are you running Amiberry from Retropie? The only thing that has worked for me is going to the Amiberry menu->custom controls and then setting north as Joy2 Fire.


I'm having the same issue, I tried following your instructions but I don't understand what you mean about setting 'north' as Joy2 Fire. I'm using retropie on a Pi3 and have tried everything I could find to set the left button as the fire button but with no success.

manossg 19 October 2020 21:07

I think in the latest Amiberry it doesn't let you remap the fire button, so I ended up swapping the global controls of the fire buttons on Retropie and now it works great. Just reconfigure your controller and swap the south and the north button.

Let me know if it works, mate!

graemet77 20 October 2020 13:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by manossg (Post 1435715)
I think in the latest Amiberry it doesn't let you remap the fire button, so I ended up swapping the global controls of the fire buttons on Retropie and now it works great. Just reconfigure your controller and swap the south and the north button.

Let me know if it works, mate!


Cheers for replying so quickly bud ? I don't know, what you mean by North and South. Could you possibly take me through step by step how you did this. I've a number of others eagerly awaiting your reply ha ha ?

manossg 20 October 2020 14:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by graemet77 (Post 1435855)
Cheers for replying so quickly bud ? I don't know, what you mean by North and South. Could you possibly take me through step by step how you did this. I've a number of others eagerly awaiting your reply ha ha ?

Gladly, mate, even though I don't have my RPi nearby, I will try to help with what I remember. When you first start RetroPie, do you remember a screen where you have to map your controller? You can remap the controller by pressing start or select (I don't remember which) and choose control settings or something like that. In this pop up you just map different buttons of the Competition Pro to different buttons on RetroPie.

Does this make sense so far?

graemet77 20 October 2020 14:55

Yeah I'm with you.... :-)

manossg 20 October 2020 16:59

:D

Ok, so the next step it to remap the directions (up, down, left, right) as per usual and, after that, IIRC you are asked to enter buttons for North and South. So you just press the right button for North and the left button for south (if memory serves right) and voila!

graemet77 20 October 2020 17:28

That's where you've lost me, there's no mention of North or south anywhere.

manossg 20 October 2020 17:40

Ok, maybe it says button A/B/X, I cannot remember exactly, but it's the first two you have to swap around.

graemet77 20 October 2020 17:57

Yeah I've already tried every combination of button in there but it doesn't make any difference in game, it just goes back to it's default settings.

manossg 20 October 2020 18:03

Bummer! Weird, because when I swapped the buttons there, it worked perfectly in Amiberry, without any problems.

What is your Amiberry version?

Maybe you need to reset all your controllers and remap them from scratch? There is an option for that in Retropie or Retroarch settings.

quantum8 22 October 2020 00:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by HellFish (Post 1388208)
The build is a Pimiga build, so think i'ts just a Plan Amiberry build on Raspian.


Slightly off topic to your question here...


The pimiga build has loads of HNY virus on there so make sure to clean it all, or don't share on a physical amiga.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 16:03.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

Page generated in 0.04795 seconds with 11 queries