English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   MarketPlace (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   For sale: CyberStormPPC 233 - 060/50 (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=18985)

martin-flash 15 June 2005 10:30

For sale: CyberStormPPC 233 - 060/50

For sale: CyberStormPPC 233 - 060/50 for Amigas 3000/4000
In perfect condition!

-processor RISC PowerPC 604e @ 233 MHz
-processor Motorola 68060 @ 50 MHz
-MMU and FPU
-memory ut to 128 MB Fast RAM
-4x SIMM slots
-fasti 64-bits memory access (up to 68 MB/s)
-controller UltraWide SCSI (max. transfer up to 40 MB/s)
-slot for CyberVisionPPC or PCI G-Rex slots

Price 450 GBP plus postage from Denmark.

Effy 15 June 2005 10:33

That´s 675 euro or 810 US ...

Does it have 128 Mb Ram or no Ram at all ???

martin-flash 15 June 2005 13:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Effy
That´s 675 euro or 810 US ...

Does it have 128 Mb Ram or no Ram at all ???

There is no ram but I can add including this price 64 MB for Free!
Regards
Marcin

Methanoid 15 June 2005 14:44

I guess it is just me who thinks it wrong to be using a free, privately funded, service like EAB to conduct your business. Do you pay a percentage to the Admin here on the profits you make? Didnt think so.... I guess this is cheaper then than Ebay for you. :mad :scream

kriz 15 June 2005 14:55

well this is the MarketPlace in eab, its for selling between amiga users !

Cheaper and better I guess! ;)

IFW 15 June 2005 15:16

I am clearly with Methanoid on this.
The marketplace is for users, not professional rip-off traders.

If we wanted to have our own ebay, we could have done it.
I guess we didn't, and it's not the time to start it now either.

kriz 15 June 2005 15:28

well I agree, when users buy and sell stuff (for a large profit, like here :( ) its get a bit too much ..

But how can we control this ?

IFW 15 June 2005 15:36

Akira notified, he'll take care of this ;)

Anyway the rule of thumb should be to only allow users to sell anything if the following criteria is met:
1, member for at least 3 months
2, post count above 100
3, none of the original posts should be business oriented or they get deleted
4, if the user then turns his account into a sales pitch device the account gets deleted.
5, commercial quantity of sales will result in the account being deleted and the user banned.

Should be fairly effective and help EAB to keep focused on-topic ;)

Newsgroups are often destroyed by the very same "business men", I don't want EAB to go the same route.

Methanoid 15 June 2005 15:36

Simple, their posts get "moderated" (also called "deleted") or they pay large sums to the Admin here (RCK) to help with his web costs since they are conducting business!

martin-flash 15 June 2005 17:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Methanoid
I guess it is just me who thinks it wrong to be using a free, privately funded, service like EAB to conduct your business. Do you pay a percentage to the Admin here on the profits you make? Didnt think so.... I guess this is cheaper then than Ebay for you. :mad :scream

BTW
I do not sell here I just post links for ebay. I sell on ebay.
English Amiga Board > » Others > MarketPlace is the place to help Amigaens bo buy stuff that they are looking for!
Where should I post it?
Maybe www.deuteros.co.uk ??????? but as I can see nobody visits that page so that would be waste of time for me.

Methanoid 15 June 2005 17:02

Post your posts down the toilet.. thats where they belong!! :D

martin-flash 15 June 2005 17:39

Quote:

Post your posts down the toilet.. thats where they belong!! :D

You are not a nice person. I wonder what is your origin?

THX1138 15 June 2005 18:27

Quote:

To be honest,you should think yourself lucky that the hardware is being
offered to eab users first before going on Ebay !

And who says he's these people are making a profit ????

If like myself and various other users on here,you a own a lot of computers
and hardware and you wish to sell them off.......whats the big deal ?

The "Marketplace" is for selling goods............Thats it !..........you don't need
to read anything more into it then that !

A lot of this Amiga hardware is very much in demand.......so obviously the price goes up !

Advertising items here is no different to placing an Ad in your local free classifieds paper...........you dont ring the seller up and ask if they are making a profit.............Do you ???

Also........I don't think a Forum like Eab should be free.........there is a ton of
information on here from users knowledge and general help.

It obviously costs someone to keep this site running,but i would have no problem what so ever paying an yearly charge......as long as it wasn't to expensive !

Effy 16 June 2005 11:53

Somehow I agree with THX1138 ... I have already bought several things that I have seen here in the Marketplace, things that were sold on Ebay or private, and I also got screwed by buying a a Warpengine that appeared not to work and that I lost my money (even when I paid by PayPal). It´s still nice to know that there are more places to look for than just on Ebay which takes me at least four hours to search on ... Besides, the selling and buying attracks users which is in my point of view the key thing to running a forum, or not ???