English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.Apps (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   deliplayer for windows vista problem? (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=34718)

JohnnyBeGood 05 February 2008 13:44

deliplayer for windows vista problem?

Hi

I've been having this problem with deliplayer 2.03 & 2.50 beta 1 in vista Ultimate that it only plays sound through one speaker.

Anyone else experienced this?

I've tried with two different sound cards, creative audigy 2 and x-fi extreme gamer and they both have the same problem.

But if I set up a virtual clone of xp and use this, it works perfectly, so this makes me conclude that it's a vista problem only.

Any help is greatly appreciated it and no I don't want to revert to XP, I'm quite fond of vista ultimate despite this small mishap.

CodyJarrett 05 February 2008 13:59

I had the same problem in Vista and ran Deliplayer using the Windows XP (Service Pack 2) compatibility mode. Even with this the volume level usually starts near zero.

P-J 05 February 2008 13:59

I presume the 'per-application' balance in the Vista mixer is set to centre? Other than that, from searching Google it looks like you're SOL till it's fixed.

Shoonay 05 February 2008 14:17

Just tried it, works fine here, on Vista x64.
You guys checked Sound -> Speakers -> Enhancements and "ticked" Immidiate mode and Speaker Fill?

alexh 05 February 2008 14:22

There is always UADE 2.09 port for Windows by OddBod.

http://oddbod.merkin.cx/

But it is a command line program and probably untested on Vista too.

He was trying to get a CygWinX gui to work

http://i28.tinypic.com/2czzzhv.png

JohnnyBeGood 05 February 2008 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by CodyJarrett (Post 393496)
I had the same problem in Vista and ran Deliplayer using the Windows XP (Service Pack 2) compatibility mode. Even with this the volume level usually starts near zero.

Thanks Cody, why I haven't thought about this ealier I have no idea, but now it works like a charm.

Thanks to all the rest of you.

Take care.

OddbOd 05 February 2008 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexh (Post 393503)
...But it is a command line program and probably untested on Vista too.

Actually I did try it under Vista, it works fine.
Quote:

Originally Posted by alexh (Post 393503)
He was trying to get a CygWinX gui to work

I have decided to abandon this as it just didn't work, you need so many Cygwin packages to make it run that you may as well just install the whole environment. Hopefully someone will port it as a native plugin for Winamp/Media Player/foobar/etc. unfortunately I don't have the skills to do it myself :(

bLAZER 06 February 2008 01:00

Deliplayer is really strange for me too with channels in Vista x64. So I guess it's an application problem and not a user problem.

Groundhog 25 April 2008 21:01

Same problem here, on Vista x64. Deliplayer still half rulez.

Shoonay 25 April 2008 21:08

Anybody tried my dumb idea from post #4? :blased

Ironclaw 25 April 2008 22:00

Had the same problem with Vista, sort of, the problem I had was that deliplayer started out with stereo, but as soon as i tried to change the volume, only one channel were playing. So I just didn't use the volume in deliplayer, I used the one in windows instead, so... problem solved... but now I'm on glorious XP and have no problems at all.

bLAZER 26 April 2008 03:09

5h00n4y, I don't have "Immidiate mode" or "Speaker Fill", so I guess that's depending on what soundcard you've installed.

wanderer 30 May 2008 10:16

I somehow made Deliplayer to work fine with Sp-1. Then it stopped working. :bash
The usual user account/admin/"security" issues... Having solved that... now for the first time I get this single channel issue.
Even more :bash
I have no "Immediate mode and Speaker Fill" options 5h00n4y, will try some other settings...

CodyJarrett 30 May 2008 10:26

Did you try running it in Compatibility mode?

Shoonay 30 May 2008 10:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by bLAZER (Post 409944)
5h00n4y, I don't have "Immidiate mode" or "Speaker Fill", so I guess that's depending on what soundcard you've installed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderer (Post 418892)
I have no "Immediate mode and Speaker Fill" options 5h00n4y

Right, I'm always forgetting about it... :banghead It depends on the speakers output config, in my case 5.1 and stereo in your's guys, right?

@wanderer: you tried bLAZER's music progie? ;)
@bLAZER: you tried your own music proggie? :lol

wanderer 30 May 2008 10:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by CodyJarrett (Post 418894)
Did you try running it in Compatibility mode?

I did but I'm not sure that's the problem. I believe it's a permissions issue. I re-installed it in the admin user account and it now works. Installing in a standard user account with right-click "run as admin" never worked.
While logged as an admin (standard account has to be logged-off), right-clicked the deliplayer2 folder, added the standard user and gave it full control/allow.
I unchecked the read only option. (but it turns on back again).
Finally, right-clicked the 3 .exe files (deliui, deliplayer and deli) and checked "run program as an administrator" in the compatibility tab.
It now works in the standard account too. Only problem is that UAC requires the password every time.
There is a way to disable UAC for specific applications, I will find it and post it later if you want.

bLAZER 30 May 2008 16:45

5h00n4y: hehe... yes it works perfectly!! :D

With two speakers that is... I'll tale a look at the 5.1 etc setup soon..

Incarnate 19 February 2009 13:00

Enable Widestereo! Works for me. :D
Right click - SFX - Widestereo
Or..
Press Alt+4

Hope it works for you. :D

/Incarnate

Calgor 30 May 2011 14:33

I had this same problem on Vista Ultimate.

XP Compatibility mode worked for me, although the volume slider always starts at 0.

Wide Stereo also worked to a degree, but it plays all 4 channels from only the right speaker and prob at wrong volume levels. Still had the problem of playing nothing through the left speaker.

Run as administrator did not change anything.

wanderer 30 May 2011 14:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calgor (Post 758878)
I had this same problem on Vista Ultimate. XP Compatibility mode worked for me, although the volume slider always starts at 0. Wide Stereo also worked to a degree, but it plays all 4 channels from only the right speaker and prob at wrong volume levels. Still had the problem of playing nothing through the left speaker. Run as administrator did not change anything.

Do you use on-board audio? Try to find updated audio drivers and set xp/admin compatibility for deliui.exe and deliplayer.exe.