English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   project.WHDLoad (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Request - Breathless full CD32 pad support (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=109015)

rabidgerry 01 December 2021 17:55

Request - Breathless full CD32 pad support

Apologies if this is not the way to do this, or if I shouldn't be doing this at all, but having seen others request things for some WHD load games I thought I'd throw this idea out there.

Would there be any chance in hell of full CD32 pad support for the game breathless? At the minute there is a little bit of basic control using a pad but it's pretty rubbish and very awkward to play the game right as you have to use the keyboard for too many things. Side stepping for example would be very useful at least and some how to change weapon or bring up the menu.

Just throwing it out there just in case one of the very talented WHD legends could pull off something like this. If not no problem and thanks for all the work that goes into the project, it is very much appreciated.

Cobe 01 December 2021 18:12

In the meantime, isnt Breathless system friendly? You should be able to use joy2key...

rabidgerry 01 December 2021 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobe (Post 1519777)
In the meantime, isnt Breathless system friendly? You should be able to use joy2key...

:shocked What is that? I haven't heard of this, but I am VERY interested?

Cobe 01 December 2021 20:42

https://aminet.net/package/driver/input/joy2key2

rabidgerry 01 December 2021 21:37

Have you or anyone else tried this before? Like can I actually map keys to the joypad whatever way I want? This would be very useful to me in a few games I want to love but can't as they are keyboard only!

Cobe 01 December 2021 22:26

You can, as long as the game is system friendly. Earok and I used it all the time back when we were making those cd32 "ports".

jotd 01 December 2021 23:06

for whdload requests, only one address: whdload.mantis.de

tolkien 01 December 2021 23:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by jotd (Post 1519826)

mantis.whdload.de

;)

rabidgerry 01 December 2021 23:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobe (Post 1519817)
You can, as long as the game is system friendly. Earok and I used it all the time back when we were making those cd32 "ports".

Pardon my stupidity, when you say system friendly, what exactly does this mean? I really don't mean to sound stupid. I gather it means it's uuh system friendly, but does this mean some stuff is not system friendly even if it does work on the uhh system?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jotd (Post 1519826)

So that is the legit way to request stuff?

Cobe 02 December 2021 00:27

Well it means it doesnt shutdown os and take all the resources, and doesnt "kill" all the processes ran prior to it. Those games usually multitask but not necessarily.

jotd 02 December 2021 07:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by tolkien (Post 1519841)
mantis.whdload.de

;)

yeah. I should have it ready in a clipboard to paste it in every threads that asks for a slave upgrade

rabidgerry 02 December 2021 10:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobe (Post 1519847)
Well it means it doesnt shutdown os and take all the resources, and doesnt "kill" all the processes ran prior to it. Those games usually multitask but not necessarily.

Excellent thanks for explaining that. So Breathless doesn't do that, ok cool.

I would have thought something like Joy2key2 would have been more popular. I would like to try it with Genetic Species also. That is if I can even get it to work!

Cobe 02 December 2021 16:40

Theres not many those games but Genetic Species should obey I believe too.

rabidgerry 10 December 2021 16:36

So tried Joy2Key2 and once I figured out keycodes to use I was ale to get Duke Nukem 3d port working. However it's horrible feeling. Way to jerky or sensitive, however the fact it actually worked is kind of cool.

I could not get breathless whdload version to work using Joy2key2 or Genetic Species. Guess I'll be putting that request in after all.

Retro1234 10 December 2021 16:47

You need to install without WHDload - they have there own native installers like most system friendly games.

rabidgerry 11 December 2021 13:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retro1234 (Post 1521282)
You need to install without WHDload - they have there own native installers like most system friendly games.

I'll hunt that down as I only have ADFs for it.

Cobe 11 December 2021 19:39

Installer should be on one of adfs. Though I would even try to strat game exe from whdload folder instead of slave file.

rabidgerry 12 February 2022 13:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobe (Post 1521421)
Installer should be on one of adfs. Though I would even try to strat game exe from whdload folder instead of slave file.

Forgive my ignorance, how would I do this? Go to shell, cd to the folder with Breathless whd load version in it and run?

Sorry I'm not mega knowledgeable on this type of thing.

Cobe 14 February 2022 20:36

You can surely do it like that or just select "show all files" from the menu in wb.

rabidgerry 17 February 2022 15:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobe (Post 1532124)
You can surely do it like that or just select "show all files" from the menu in wb.

Then double click? I'll give this a go :great This might allow me to use joy2key2 then, it would be great if I could.