English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.WinUAE (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Fusion PPC (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=79642)

Sandro 08 September 2015 19:42

Fusion PPC

I found this emulator on the ftp server
seems it emulates a power mac and macOS 9.0 /alike sheep shaver emulator on windows

my question is this: this will work in winuae?

anyone have tested this?

JimDrew 13 October 2015 18:31

3 Attachment(s)
As long as all of the Cyberstorm libraries are there (and supported), it should work. I have not tried it myself. I don't have the installer but I did find the source code. I don't have an 060/PPC Amiga anymore, and I don't know if I even have MacOS9 for testing. When I sold the product, it ran MacOS9 just fine, and was a little slower than a real MacPPC machine because the memory on the Cyberstorm was quite a bit slower.

waldiamiga 13 October 2015 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimDrew (Post 1045462)
I don't have the installer but I did find the source code..

It maybe a new version for the new system AmigaOS4x/MorphOS ??:D

AMIGASYSTEM 13 October 2015 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandro (Post 1040326)
seems it emulates a power mac and macOS 9.0 /alike sheep shaver emulator on windows

anyone have tested this?

I tested iFusion1.3 PPC on WinUAE OS4.1, Now I do not know if I misconfigured, the GUI installer is very simple, I used the ROM it's a HardFile of System7 i use with BasiliskII, and it does not happen nothing when I run. tomorrow calmly redo the tests with HardFile of SheepShaver MacOS 8 e 9, the one in figure.

Sandro 13 October 2015 21:38

Quote:

As long as all of the Cyberstorm libraries are there (and supported), it should work. I have not tried it myself. I don't have the installer but I did find the source code. I don't have an 060/PPC Amiga anymore, and I don't know if I even have MacOS9 for testing. When I sold the product, it ran MacOS9 just fine, and was a little slower than a real MacPPC machine because the memory on the Cyberstorm was quite a bit slower.

are u the real author of Fusion and PCX emulators?

Ami_GFX 14 October 2015 03:46

Quote:

I've just gotten to a black screen. I think I might have to use a different version of Cybergraphics to get it to work. It might take a custom install of Amiga OS. The combination of Cybergraphics and WarpUp I'm using doesn't work with FusionPPC. OS3.1 or 3.9 makes no difference. I'm trying it with MacOS 9.04. It looks like it just starts the boot sequence and freezes.

Thanks for posting these photos of the emulation working.

Sandro 14 October 2015 06:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ami_GFX (Post 1045524)
I've just gotten to a black screen. I think I might have to use a different version of Cybergraphics to get it to work. It might take a custom install of Amiga OS. The combination of Cybergraphics and WarpUp I'm using doesn't work with FusionPPC. OS3.1 or 3.9 makes no difference. I'm trying it with MacOS 9.04. It looks like it just starts the boot sequence and freezes.

Thanks for posting these photos of the emulation working.

try replacing your ppc libraries with the ones that comes in Ifusion 1.3 ppc archive, documentation says it only work with these libraries

AMIGASYSTEM 14 October 2015 13:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandro (Post 1045531)
try replacing your ppc libraries with the ones that comes in Ifusion 1.3 ppc archive, documentation says it only work with these libraries

I used libraries "warp.library is powerpc.library" ones that comes in IFusion, Fusion PPC on WinUAE OS4.1 does not start, Snoopy tells me with their problems warp.library is powerpc.library, I attach screenshot

AMIGASYSTEM 14 October 2015 16:02

The problem warp.library e powerpc.library, It seems to have been passed installing the latest updated libraries, i specifically used the "WarpUP_V51Upd" Now am I asked the library "exec.library 53.41" or higher, i will request the same library if on OS4.1 if I run Shapeshifter or Fusion 68k; does anyone know where to download "exec.library 53.41"?

AMIGASYSTEM 14 October 2015 19:16

Strange that I ask the iFusion "exec.library 53.41", and does not recognize the exe.library "53.34" resident in the system OS 4.1 Final, probably it looks for a physical on file.

Sandro 15 October 2015 05:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM (Post 1045599)
Strange that I ask the iFusion "exec.library 53.41", and does not recognize the exe.library "53.34" resident in the system OS 4.1 Final, probably it looks for a physical on file.

you are trying to run Ifusion on OS 4 ? I don't know what are you doing

Ifusion was done in 2001,was designed for AMiga OS 3.x
Amiga OS4 was done in 2004

AMIGASYSTEM 15 October 2015 09:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandro (Post 1045659)
you are trying to run Ifusion on OS 4 ? I don't know what are you doing

Ifusion was done in 2001,was designed for AMiga OS 3.x
Amiga OS4 was done in 2004

Considering that iFusion It was also in version PPC, i wanted to make a simple experiment with OS4, which I believe to be abandoned :(

The dates do not matter, on OS 4 there are applications 68k that still work, on Win10 (2015) work applications WinXP (2001), although I'm not a programmer, I think everything depends on how the application is programmed.

vulture 15 October 2015 12:16

@JimDrew
Jim, would you consider releasing the ifusion source? Maybe someone will even fix it for A1200/BPPC or make an OS4.x/MorphOS compatible version out of it.

@AMIGASYSTEM
iFusion as is right now won't work with OS4 or OS4.1 - only on A4000 PPC with OS3.x (or maybe WinUAE with the equivalent config).

amigafreak68k 15 October 2015 14:35

Why no one port the Sheepshaver to AmigaOS?

Fackamato 16 October 2015 11:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by amigafreak68k (Post 1045728)
Why no one port the Sheepshaver to AmigaOS?

:D

Only on this board would such a question come up

amigafreak68k 16 October 2015 13:42

Don't understand...

The predecessor of sheepshaver (PPC Mac) is Basilisk (68k Mac) and existend for AmigaOS. So why this shouldn't be possible?

Sandro 16 October 2015 16:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by amigafreak68k (Post 1045891)
Don't understand...

The predecessor of sheepshaver (PPC Mac) is Basilisk (68k Mac) and existend for AmigaOS. So why this shouldn't be possible?

he is referring to the fact that you are requesting something you should not request..ie if you want a sheep shaver port: don't request don't be selfish /do it yourself

Fackamato 16 October 2015 16:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandro (Post 1045919)
he is referring to the fact that you are requesting something you should not request..ie if you want a sheep shaver port: don't request don't be selfish /do it yourself

That wasn't it actually, more about the fact that this community talking about Amiga OS and emulating with the emulator, is so old and pre 2000 :)

amigafreak68k 17 October 2015 11:27

Ah ok, iFusion isn't an emulator, just sheepshaver...:crazy

waldiamiga 25 October 2015 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandro (Post 1040326)

anyone have tested this?

Starts but can not match rom. Check some other roms

http://oi57.tinypic.com/2ldzn2r.jpg