English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   New to Emulation or Amiga scene (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Host configuration saved, some settings not taking (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=90431)

Khenemet_Heru 24 January 2018 15:42

Host configuration saved, some settings not taking

Ok this is specifically to do with enabling the floppy drive sound emulation, but I have also seen this happen with the display settings. WinUAE 3.6.0 x64, Windows 7 x64.

The behavior is this: I set up an entire machine configuration, and set my host settings exactly the way I want for display, sound, scaling, the works. I save both the machine configuration, and a host configuration as a backup.

The floppy drive sounds are set to use the LOUD wav files, volume 25% for empty and 100% for used, prior to saving both. I load a game disk into DF0, and reset (or Restart, load the machine or host config, then load disk and reset, either way it doesn't matter) - it starts the system, loads the disk, NO SOUNDS. I hit F12, check the sound tab, sure enough, it's set to 'no sounds', so I change it back to LOUD, bang I have floppy sounds. But if I look at the .uae file in notepad, it's configured as I set it - so why is it defaulting back to no sounds?

This behavior happens both in my old 3.1.0 x32 setup, and in the latest (3.6.0 x64)... Portable or not doesn't matter either.

I also had the scaling settings in display and filter resetting on me until I made the host config, and it still does it on occasion...

Any ideas?

Toni Wilen 24 January 2018 18:12

Floppy sound used wrong config load function which only worked accidentally (it may still work if Paths panel relative paths is off). Oddly enough this bug was now reported twice after 3.6 was released but never before :)

"on occasion" does not help much, more details needed. (If it happens again)

Khenemet_Heru 24 January 2018 20:59

well the floppy sounds thing is a constant. Unless i go in after starting to load something and set it again, I never get floppy sounds. As for the display/scaling settings changing "on occasion" I think i have that licked actually as an issue with a default configuration incorrectly loading on my end.

For what it's worth, I am running relative paths, does it need to be full paths to all the directories to kill this issue?

-------
EDIT: full paths made no difference. same behavior...

DamienD 24 January 2018 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khenemet_Heru (Post 1214517)
I am running relative paths, does it need to be full paths to all the directories to kill this issue?

Relative paths; the only way to go :agree

...no, changing to full paths is not the answer.

From knowing Toni and how he worded his reply to you; plus reading the majority of EAB threads. This issue has already been reported and Toni would have now fixed; it's currently in his 3.6.0+ beta version which isn't public yet ;)

...the man's just spend 6 hard months improving / adding new features / hardware / bug fixing and finally releasing v3.6.0; he's going to burn out :shocked

Khenemet_Heru 24 January 2018 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamienD (Post 1214521)
Relative paths; the only way to go :agree

...no, changing to full paths is not the answer.

From knowing Toni and how he worded his reply to you; plus reading the majority of EAB threads. This issue has already been reported and Toni would have now fixed; it's currently in his 3.6.0+ beta version which isn't public yet ;)

...the man's just spend 6 hard months improving / adding new features / hardware / bug fixing and finally releasing v3.6.0; he's going to burn out :shocked

Gotcha :) I sure hope not, I am definitely happy with the amazing work that went into this version! it was basically an OCD thing for me that really isn't important but it was making me feel like I was missing something silly when I couldn't make it work. I can wait :laughing

DamienD 24 January 2018 21:37

Oh I know about "old computers / systems" OCD; contagious :blased