English Amiga Board

English Amiga Board (https://eab.abime.net/index.php)
-   support.Apps (https://eab.abime.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   MUI Keyfile (https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=37249)

Amigan 12 June 2008 09:04

MUI Keyfile

I am an old MUI registered user.
After many years i use again my Amiga and i discover that the MUI key is not more valid and many options are disabled meaning i am NOT anymore a registered user. Is it a normal behaviour ? I tried to contact the author to have a new working key buit after many months i still do not have a reply.
How to have again a working keyfile ?

DDNI 12 June 2008 09:59

Hi you should contact Stefan Stuntz here...
Maybe send him your old keyfile.

http://www.sasg.com/stuntz/index.html

Amigan 12 June 2008 12:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by DDNI (Post 422468)
Hi you should contact Stefan Stuntz here...
Maybe send him your old keyfile.

http://www.sasg.com/stuntz/index.html

Thanks, but i already sent email to him, maybe three times :-(
Do you think it's normal behaviour that a keyfile will be suspended after some years ?

Boot_WB 12 June 2008 12:16

No, it sounds like you have updated MUI, and over-written MUImaster.library (your keyfile).

If you have any system backups, I'd recommend you just copy your old muimaster.library from that into your current MUI:libs directory.

Regards

Rich

Arnie 12 June 2008 12:22

Looking at the site i understood that if you haven`t registered for version 3x then you have to register again.

This is also the case with Winzip, my key only works for version 9 if i want to use a higher version the i have to buy another key.

Amigan 12 June 2008 12:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boot_WB (Post 422505)
No, it sounds like you have updated MUI, and over-written MUImaster.library (your keyfile).

If you have any system backups, I'd recommend you just copy your old muimaster.library from that into your current MUI:libs directory.

Regards

Rich

I don't have backups but i still have the original floppy Stefan sent to me with keyfile... i will try to copy the MUIMaster.library from that floppy and see what happen...

Thanks for the reply.

FickiGustl 12 June 2008 12:51

Old Keyfile for this Old peice of Software http://bippym-removed this link to c...oftware!!!!!!!

You will need to rename to key file to the right name and extension "mui.key" i dont know if this right been very long time since i used this Oldy Application..

keropi 12 June 2008 12:52

I have regged MUI last year, I got a MUI.KEY , and unlocked the software...

Boot_WB 12 June 2008 13:05

@FickiGustl
Quote:

Originally Posted by FickiGustl (Post 422517)
Old Keyfile for this Old peice of Software [WAREZ link removed]

This product is still for sale
I think it is out of order to post a link to a pirated copy of the keyfile.

Yoto 12 June 2008 16:08

Quote:

I think it is out of order to post a link to a pirated copy of the keyfile.
CouldnĀ“t agree more...a sad thing indeed...:cryingeven more sad, because its an amigawarez site...

Boot_WB 12 June 2008 18:26

@FickiGustl

I notice you also zoned the MUI keyfile.

I suggest you read the T&Cs of the site
Quote:

Distribution of serial numbers, keyfiles (e.g. whdload keyfile etc.) is strictly prohibited.
[snip]
Anybody linking to or uploading any of these copy protected files will be banned immediately without warning.
  1. First Offence a 1 week ban
  2. Second Offence a 1 month ban
  3. Third offence a permanent ban

I like the zone, it's a damn useful resource for sharing, but is open to abuse (as you just demonstrated). Personally, I don't want to lose it as a result of such abuse of the site's T&Cs, which I'm sure would eventually happen if it becomes too much hassle for the mods to police.

Arnie 12 June 2008 18:32

Where are the Mods today, the longer this file stays in the Zone the more damage is done.

mailman 12 June 2008 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amigan (Post 422455)
I am an old MUI registered user.
After many years i use again my Amiga and i discover that the MUI key is not more valid and many options are disabled meaning i am NOT anymore a registered user. Is it a normal behaviour ? I tried to contact the author to have a new working key buit after many months i still do not have a reply.
How to have again a working keyfile ?

What do you mean by saying "not valid"? Maybe it is just in the wrong path. Check using SnoopDos where the file MUI.key should be located. If I were you I would put it in L directory.

twizzle 12 June 2008 21:36

if you have the original mui 3.8 floppy disc?
then it should automaticly put in the key file when you install from the disc.

Amigan 13 June 2008 08:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by twizzle (Post 422671)
if you have the original mui 3.8 floppy disc?
then it should automaticly put in the key file when you install from the disc.

I checked the original disc i have and it's MUI 2.2 so i need a regular keyfile for MUI 3.8. So i must only wait Stefan will reply to my emails...

Thanks to all....

twizzle 13 June 2008 21:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arnie (Post 422507)
Looking at the site i understood that if you haven`t registered for version 3x then you have to register again

in os4.0 stefan stuntz says that if you have the reg key for mui ver3.8 you can use this key for ver3.:)

i have and it works in os4 with mui ver3.

Hewitson 18 June 2008 06:35

MUI deserves to have its keyfiles distributed if you ask me. Piece of shit it is.

Arnie 18 June 2008 11:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hewitson (Post 424348)
MUI deserves to have its keyfiles distributed if you ask me. Piece of shit it is.

Piece of shit you talk :sad

Hungry Horace 18 June 2008 14:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hewitson (Post 424348)

from the man who thinks IPFs are pointless :rolleyes :laughing

SkippyAR 18 June 2008 15:35

FIGHT!

"Come On Then!! Bring It On.."